Photo of the day!!! - Page 126 - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > Scale Specific Model Train Forum > S Scale
Forgotten your password?

S Scale Get in here if you want the lowdown on S scale!

Old 12-13-2019, 03:32 PM   #1251
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S gauge
I only bought the little boxes that were new condition with the original bulbs inside. Got those at a train show 10 years ago.
I do not have the 34 set. I never saw one in new condition and even the less than perfect ones were at $1,000. I quit looking.
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #1252
cramden
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S
I never saw one in person and the only picture I've seen of one is in the Gilbert Gallery. At those prices, it wouldn't have mattered to me.
cramden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:08 AM   #1253
AFGP9
Conductor

Scales Modeled: S gauge/American Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopac View Post
Kenny, my wfe died 4 years ago also. She loved Christmas. We always had lots of
decorations insde and out. Lots of lights. Our male golden retriever died 2 months before the wfe.
So it is just me here. No decorations for 4 years. I am fine with that. Glad I don't
have to take that stuff down and pack it away.
Mopac, sounds like you and I have the same thoughts regarding Christmas decorations and for the same reason. I still like all the decorations....in somebody else's house. Out door displays too. I'm not a Grinch. Like you say, I don't have to take all that stuff down, repack it then back to the basement. The pre-lit tree I have comes apart in 3 pieces then back into the box and back to the top of the basement freezer. 2 trips down the stairs and done.

Kenny
AFGP9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #1254
AFGP9
Conductor

Scales Modeled: S gauge/American Flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFlyerFan View Post
I thought I was careful winding mine up on those orange extension cord carriers.
I also have a short attention span/patience and don't like to untangle. My wife might've had something to do with storage.
I might just take and hang those orange carriers w/lites in the trees as they are.
I used the same orange extension cord carriers you mentioned. I have so many in that old freezer it just looks like a snake pit. Glad I bought that pre-lit tree. Simplifies everything.
I too am short on untangling patience which is why I used those extension cord carriers. Besides, I got train engines to test my patience on when working on them. Funny how I have waaaay more patience for those old AF steamers than anything else!

Kenny
AFGP9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:54 PM   #1255
AmFlyer
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S gauge
Here is another accessory that was packed with some sets, mostly uncatalogued sets. It is not rare but not many show up at train shows unused in the original box.

E32328B6-98B2-405E-99D3-E3373F818829.jpg

CAC16CAC-E70D-4ACD-AA1B-15418EFFB689.jpg
Old 12-17-2019, 12:46 AM   #1256
Chaostrain
Conductor

Scales Modeled: N, HO, On30
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmFlyer View Post
Here is another accessory that was packed with some sets, mostly uncatalogued sets. It is not rare but not many show up at train shows unused in the original box.

Attachment 518500

Attachment 518502
There's someone here in the Portland, OR area selling one for $15 on Facebook. The ad says it looks all the parts are there so apparently it's been opened.

Chaostrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #1257
cramden
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: S
Nice one Tom, never had one but saw some at shows. The only one I had was the 770 girder trestle set that came in an uncatalogued 20175 set that I sold long ago.
cramden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:51 AM   #1258
flyernut
Yard Master

Not a photo but a story.. A gal was selling her Dad's trains, which included 2 large transformers, tracks, switches, buildings, water tower, passenger station, 315, a 307, various freight cars, but the best part of the deal was the Red Baldwin M&St.L switcher with 3 red stripe passenger cars all for the grand total of $40 bucks!!. I sent her a message warning her she was about to be ripped off, and told her the total should be alot more. She took down the ad and placed a price of $800 of best offer. Every 3 days she dropped the price $100 dollars but still couldn't sell them. She finally dropped it down to $399 and I offered her $300. She said no, if I came up to $375 I could have them. I said no, but the $300 dollar offer was good until Christmas. She then had someone else post a ad for the trains, selling them separately. I again offered the person selling them $300 for the Baldwin, the cars, and the 2 steamers... The ad no longer exists, and I never received a answer.
flyernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #1259
JMedwick
Gang Labourer

A good story Flyernut. Hopefully she didn’t get ripped off. Reminds me of a few years ago when I saw someone post a 334 DC and a bunch of cars on freecycle. No cost. Just come pick them up. I responded to the add right away, but with the volume of responses the poster figured out that he/she should take it down. Not long later I saw the same stuff posted on Craigslist.
JMedwick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:48 AM   #1260
mopac
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO mainly, N, S, O, G
Got this in the mail yesterday. A 700 box of 12 straight track.
Track in great condition. I am not a cardboard collector. The
OB is not that big of a deal to me. But this box is very nice.
All flaps are nice. The best part is it was 1.99 on ebay. 9 ship.
I don't know yet if I needed more track but at that price I had to go.

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG
mopac is online now   Reply With Quote