Model Train Forum banner

What 15,000 volts will do to your truck...

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  nxn 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Not a very useful link, the page pops up and then I get this. Not only is it in a language I don't read, but the site gray's the page out and locks up. :eek:hwell:

View attachment 497802
You must be using a ad blocker or something like it. Mine does that too but a box pops up and you can tell they want you to turn it off before you can "Read" the page. As far as the truck goes I hope he made it out alive.

#4 ·
Yes, you have to turn off your ad-blocker to read it, and this is in the Eurorail forum. I wouldn't have expected it to be in English from a German newspaper.

The man made it out alive with only a broken leg. Some other cars were damaged when the tires exploded by a piece of the truck or tire. There was a fire under and inside the cab and the electrical system was destroyed.

A nine year old girl was slightly injured.

#5 ·
Michael,

Please use Tiny Url to shorten the link.

Ya Ingo

By the way:
At any construction area where a crane could reach the overhead catanary of 15 kV one phase AC the elictric overhead wire needed to be grounded onto both RR tracks ahead and after the construction area after the state RR switched off the power and closed the RR Line.

Without grounding a lightning can springing onto a distance of shorter than half of an yard.

Biggest and last mistake you can do in your life by grounding RR electric overhead wire it will be when clamping the grounding stick first onto overhead wire than grapping the rail clamp with your hands.

#6 ·
Here's a link to that article via Google Translate to show it in english:

https://tinyurl.com/r37y65t

To translate any page, paste the link to the page into translate.google.com left hand side and let it detect the source language. Then choose your destination language on the right, it will show a link in the box on the right. Click on that and you can see the translated page.

Google translate is pretty good, and when it isn't, it's often humorous :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.