Model Train Forum banner

Construction on Layout!

6K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, just thought i'd put these up while they were digging. My new Trailer Train would not fit under the passenger walkway:eek:

So I dug out a tunnel:D

I think the guy on the grass is passed out!!!:eek:

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice swig, you need some more guard rails around the dug outs.
More fence to keep the people off the tracks too.:p

Your going to be sued if someone walks into the hole.:D

Nice swig.:D:thumbsup:

#9 ·
Today's America is too much safety focused!
Dam insurance company's!

We now have to wear a no-max fire resistant overalls in most plants where I pickup chemicals.
And a lot of them all I have to do is drive to the rack!

Sucks as they are hot in the summer and in the winter unless you have a no-max outer coat they don't allow you to wear a coat!
So you can freeze to death that is OK.:rolleyes:

They only give you an extra 12 seconds of protection against a fire.
And in the meantime your clothes can catch fire underneath them, then your screwed!:rolleyes:

Dam Insurance company's! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

And the real safety hazards that exist in these companies they won't fix untill someone gets hurt!
Safety BS! It is all about them trying to make themselves look good!:cool:

Thanks for letting me vent.:D

Put a hot dog wagon in the parking lot?

#11 ·
Nice scene , I like it :thumbsup:

However you better take Eds advice and get some Orange construction barrier around that hole. You dont wanna be sued and lose everything :D

perfect example of my sig.."A layout is never finished".
Always something goin on :)

#13 ·
Wow! Now thats a project. I hope your back is stronger than mine!

Checkout my layout. I just installed 2 Atlas undertable yeterday. Forgot how much it takes to get them lined up. You could really use 4 hands for that job. I went with Atlas due to $ for now. They work fine. Either way it adds to the neatness of a layout.

#16 ·
Big Ed has it right on a.s far as the saftey goes. As a truck modeler also, I gotta say, that is an awsome model, and the trackhoe makes an awsome load. I did heavy haul all my life, and hauled a lot of track hoes. My trucks are mostly HO scale, my trains are N scale. Nice layout btw.

#19 ·
Awesome....I keep hoping someone will come out with an old Bronco in 1:87 The Hotwheels are way to big and the Johnny Lightnings that are available are still probably closer to 1:64 (S-scale).

I'll have to keep my eyes out for those as I've got an off-road trail through the mountains planned.

#22 ·
Excellent Swig, you really captured the Western landscape.
Looks great!:thumbsup:

Is there any cactus going in? Do they sell fake cactus?
How about some real cactus from the plant store?:thumbsup:

Tumbleweed? :D

Coyote & the roadrunner?:D:thumbsup: beep beep zoooom.

#23 ·
#24 ·
lol big ed, the area i am trying to duplicate does not have any large cactus. this was from a rare RAINY DESERT DAY!

http://www.modeltrainforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6847&d=1295674182

but plenty of cliffs, buttes, and red sand (from Navajo sandstone) ((i scooped a container full last time i was there, it's on the layout now))

OK, I forgot about the picture of the landscape you posted back whenever.
You did post one right, one with tracks and a cut?

Or was that someone else?

#25 ·
Swig,

I thought you were nuts when you took the sledge hammer to your old layout...

:lol_hitting:

"Why would any sane person destroy a layout like that?", I thought ... :retard:

Well, I "get it" now. I see the light. This Rev-2 layout of yours does a brilliant job of mixing rural and city scenes, with lots of really fun details. Very nice work!

Cheers,

TJ

#29 ·
There was an article in MR about a fellow who used some soft plastic rod to make his own cactus. He use a coarse file to make the arms and trunks as the real thing. Sure wish I still had that article. I can't remember what the plastic rod was other than it came in a white color. Memory must be the first thing to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.