My loss of interest in these forums. :( - Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource
Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource

Go Back   Model Train Forum - the complete model train resource > General Model Train Forum Discussion > Union Station
Forgotten your password?

Union Station Off topic discussions - take a load off after a busy day of model railroading.

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
JuneH

My loss of interest in these forums. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Willis View Post
No interest here.

good luck selling it.
……….This was a comment left by Lee Willis when I attempted to show a link to my photos that depicted a 1/48 scale Diorama of foundry equipment that I own. I spent a lot of time putting together a layout of what could be imagined as a Train Repair Depot. Here is a link to many photos of what I might have next referred to: https://www.google.com/search?biw=11...nDIFgQ#imgrc=_

I have approximately 10,000 pieces of 1/48 scale machines, and miscellaneous items that once belonged to, and which were displayed in the Pitney Bowes Corp. Museum which was, once upon a time, located in Stamford, Ct. I wish to sell what I have. I thought that this place would have been a good place to begin the process. Unfortunately, after I saw your very terse comment, I felt insulted by you.

One of the people in your forums, several months ago, did show interest in what I have. He was going to construct a factory on his layout. At that point, I was not ready to sell what I have, but indicated that I would be putting something together in order to do just that.

At the moment, I do not feel impelled to sell anything here to anyone. Your comment just blew that off!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
CTValleyRR
Train Master

Scales Modeled: HO
Really? OMG.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." --George Bernard Shaw
Old 09-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #3
Lehigh74
Station Master

Scales Modeled: O
Strange. I could not find Lee's reply. But if someone told me they were not interested and wished me good luck, I wouldn't take it as an insult. I would think they were not interested in buying it, but wished me luck selling it. Maybe I am missing something.

Now CTValley's comment. Hmmm. Maybe that is a bit insulting.

Old 09-29-2018, 05:00 PM   #4
JuneH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh74 View Post
Strange. I could not find Lee's reply. But if someone told me they were not interested and wished me good luck, I wouldn't take it as an insult. I would think they were not interested in buying it, but wished me luck selling it. Maybe I am missing something.

Now CTValley's comment. Hmmm. Maybe that is a bit insulting.

In disgust, I had them remove the thread. Yes CTValley just supported my feelings, backing up what I felt about what Lee Willis said. If that is the kind of "Senior Members" you have here, then......to hell with this place!

Old 09-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #5
mesenteria
Dispatcher

Wow, I hope the few respondents here who have no interest in wishing you well are not representative of the typical male membership. I know it does not meet with my worldview.

As the father of three grown women, I would be appalled that a person felt the need to draw attention to a woman's vagina as the signal defining criterion of her worth or cognitive function. In fact, I'd have to conclude that he's thinking with his own nether parts, and none too clearly. However, I've led troops and learned a lot in other leadership roles. I know it takes all kinds to make life interesting.

Take care, June. I don't believe the terse reply you cite above was intended as a slight. I think it's just man-speak formulated in forum-speak that sounded to you like he was disparaging your work. I'm pretty sure, being male and a fellow hobbyist, that his good wish was not meant insincerely. However, you are free to call it as you must.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #6
Frisco Firefly
Dispatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesenteria View Post
Wow, I hope the few respondents here who have no interest in wishing you well are not representative of the typical male membership. I know it does not meet with my worldview.

As the father of three grown women, I would be appalled that a person felt the need to draw attention to a woman's vagina as the signal defining criterion of her worth or cognitive function. In fact, I'd have to conclude that he's thinking with his own nether parts, and none too clearly. However, I've led troops and learned a lot in other leadership roles. I know it takes all kinds to make life interesting.

Take care, June. I don't believe the terse reply you cite above was intended as a slight. I think it's just man-speak formulated in forum-speak that sounded to you like he was disparaging your work. I'm pretty sure, being male and a fellow hobbyist, that his good wish was not meant insincerely. However, you are free to call it as you must.

I will agree with what mesenteria just said. Some pretty sad comments and not very representative of this forum.
Old 09-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #7
flyboy2610
Dispatcher

Scales Modeled: HO, too blind and fumble fingered for N
If my grown son ever said something like that to a woman, he wouldn't have to worry about her. He'd have to worry about ME!!
Old 09-29-2018, 07:53 PM   #8
sid
Engineer

Scales Modeled: N
WOW man really.. he just said no interest here and wished you good luck. me dont get it ..............
Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 PM   #9
Big Ed
Railroad Tycoon

Scales Modeled: O right now. HO packed/ small N scale table, G scale for under the Christmas tree, & 1 S locomotive
Wipe Sweat From Brow

Damn, I didn't even get to see what I am missing.

Hard to believe the OP blows off thousands of potential would be buyers from one post?

Central Railroad of New Jersey
Old 09-29-2018, 08:27 PM   #10
wvgca
Station Master

Scales Modeled: HO 1890's
i have to show interest in everything offered on here??
or in your case, not offered ?? uhhh.. let me think about that for a sec...
nope, sorry, not interested myself, good luck selling it

Closed Thread