Model Train Forum banner

Step-By-Step-Picture Uploads

18K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 ·
Posting pictures in the MTF forum. To insert a picture directly into your thread and have it appear in the message, follow the steps below.

Click on the paperclip icon on the toolbar.

Line Technology Electronic device Parallel

Click on the Browse... button.

Text Line Font Screenshot Technology

Browse to the proper folder and double-click the desired graphic.

Text Font Line Number Screenshot

Click on the Upload button.

Text Line Font Parallel Technology

Click on the paperclip icon on the toolbar again.

Text Line Font Parallel Screenshot

Click on the uploaded photo name, it is inserted at the cursor location.

Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Aviation Light aircraft

See less See more
#6 ·
I tried uploading several times trying to post a new thread, then went through from the "gallery" ,still no go . last I went through the steps as outlined by gunrunnerjohn, followed exactly, but no paper clip icon. I can browse and select my files, but several times I've gotten a "security key missing" message or it just times out without uploading. This after I click "upload" of course. I've tried many times, was hoping to get it without bothering anyone but no luck.

#9 ·
Google a couple of times, Yahoo a couple of times, I'm trying to upload pictures from my laptop document files that I sent there from my Yahoo mail, originating from my phone. I hope something I just told you answers your question, I'm not the greatest at this sort of thing to be sure.I may have to get a little help on my end, I may be missing something

#10 ·
Do you have a folder on your computer that has Pictures/Photos where all of your photos are located? Also, what Op system are you using, Windows or Apple? The explanation the Gunrunnerjohn posted is the correct way to load pictures into a post. You can try a slightly different approach by starting to post a thread, that you want to add photos to. Start your typing of text, to the point where you want to add a photo. Scroll down below this area where you are entering your text, to where you see "Additional Options". There are three blocks, with the middle one marked "Attach files". Click on that, and it will bring up a small screen in your upper right, to where you can select your photo from. That screen allows you to upload up to 5 photos at one time. Start at the top, and select a photo. You have to wait until you see the name of the file, next to the selection. Repeat it if you are adding more than one photo, until you have the file name listed along side the selection. Then click the "Upload tab". Wait a few seconds, so that your computer can complete the upload.

If that was successful, you can close that small window, and go back to your POST, so that you can add the photos. At that point, you should have the 'Screen shot from GRJ's top attachment, that will show the "Paperclip icon". If you get that screen, click the Paperclip, and click Insert All.

#11 ·
That's what I've been doing exactly, I'm using Windows by the way, everything falls in line except it won't upload, still getting the " security key missing" message. Looks like there may be a problem on my end somehow. Thank you for your help, very considerate response.

#12 ·
Now I understand what's happening! Your pictures are too large, you need to resize them to upload here. I use IrfanView, an excellent and free graphics application. I recommend 1280 width for the resize, that gives you a nice picture that will upload here trouble-free.

I wish vB gave a better error for pictures that are too large, that is pretty cryptic.

BTW, this is the reason you need to be precise when you describe an issue, that one statement makes all the difference in solving the issue. :)

#17 ·
Installed IrfanView, bumbled around in there for a while and SHAZAM! finally got it! Thanks to all for the help, I sort out ladder logic and PLC issues most days and punch around on my Droid the rest of the time dealing with clients but figuring out things on my old laptop gets challenging. I appreciate your patience and I hope to be an asset to this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.