Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Since Menards already has a REA boxcar, a Panel Van loaded on a flatcar & several REA logoed vehicles. One could assume that a Railway Express Agency building may be coming forth.

WE WILL SEE

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The motto of our upcoming release … "It can be whatever you want it to be!"

Tease 2.jpg

Have a great weekend!
Mark the Menards Train Guy

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wait is finally over. Check out this new building concept!

Designated fitter: The M&M Warehouse Background Building
Shop Now >

Dimensions: 15”W x 1-1/8”D x 10-5/8”H

The basics:
This is a low relief, space-saving building is designed for locations unsuitable for a full-size structure. The warehouse is a fully assembled and decorated measuring 15 inches wide, 10-5/8 inches tall, and 1-1/8 inches deep. Five decals are included for use with a sign above the office. The warehouse is illuminated and designed for use with the Menards Plug & Play system.

The facade has a pigtail plug for use with a Menards 4.5 volt power supply, Menards SKU 279-4061, 279-4062, or 279-4050. You may wish to consider the 8- or 9-piece Plug & Play accessory kits (SKU# 279-4035, 4681) and to serve multiple structures and vehicles. All are available separately.

Why you need this: This background building is the first in a new series of flat structures from Menards. Every layout has those hard to fill spots where you lack room for a building - but you want something more than a blank wall. This Warehouse fits that requirement. While it has a modest width, the secret is that it is a mere 1-1/8 inches deep!

This makes it ideal for the edge of your bench work, helping disguise a range of objects like a basement support or a water meter! You could even sit it on the edge of your layout next to a siding to add an extra industry to your railway.

The fully assembled and decorated structure has simulated vertical steel slats, a wide loading dock, two doors, and a central office. The office has a door and two windows and a printed interior. Since this is where the company brass can be found, you’ll find a "Safety is Job 1" sign above the doorway.

Above the office is a large space for a sign. Five different company banners are included. You can fly the flag of M&M candy, Menards, Railway Express, Schneider Transportation, and Whirlpool. The decals may be used with the no. 279-4289 Plug & Play Billboard, and its 26 decals can be used with the warehouse.

Using the Schneider sign, this would be a good companion piece with the no. 279-5098 Schneider Freight Building

The design of the structure allows you to screw it down to your tabletop, or simply let it stand free on the table. This makes it easier to relocate on a whim as your train city prospers and changes.

The Warehouse will appear right at home with your other Menards buildings, and the flexibility with the decals allows you the freedom to squeeze multiple warehouses on your layout, but each with unique brand signage.

Thank you,

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Certainly would be useful if you have a wall with little room to put a full size building. I think I would make some Mom & Pop business signs that would be smaller for the false front.

Bill

·
Registered
910 Posts
This is a perfect addition! While I agree that the sign is a little too large and overpowering, that can be fixed You could also easily add sides and a back to make a complete building if you want. Excellent addition!

Art

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There has been speculation as to when more buildings in the Background Series will be manufactured and ready for shipment.

Unfortunately, there will be a delay in getting out more buildings in the Background Series as we have converted the factory that makes these to largely turn out facemasks for the Covid-19 crisis. There is one more background building in the series that we have finished up production on and will be shipping to our distribution center in Wisconsin sometime (via container), but the rest of the series will be postponed.

Let’s hope this crisis will pass soon and we can get back to a more relaxed lifestyle once again!

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay well!

Thank you,

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,303 Posts
There has been speculation as to when more buildings in the Background Series will be manufactured and ready for shipment.

Unfortunately, there will be a delay in getting out more buildings in the Background Series as we have converted the factory that makes these to largely turn out facemasks for the Covid-19 crisis. There is one more background building in the series that we have finished up production on and will be shipping to our distribution center in Wisconsin sometime (via container), but the rest of the series will be postponed.

Let’s hope this crisis will pass soon and we can get back to a more relaxed lifestyle once again!

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Stay well!

Thank you,
Thanks to Menards for doing that.(y)
Will you be selling them to the public too?
They are now saying that it would help contain the spread of the virus.
But it seems they are hard for the public to get.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Thank You Menards for putting our Country first, everything else can take a backseat for the duration of the WAR on the virus.

Bill

·
Registered
124 Posts
Not sure how to respond but I am glad Menards is switching production over to facemasks but I read in another forum they are being investigated for price gouging for the safety articles in their stores by the state of Wisconsin attorney general

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
Thanks to Menards for doing that.(y)
Will you be selling them to the public too?
They are now saying that it would help contain the spread of the virus.
But it seems they are hard for the public to get.
I don't think the public needs them as much as the front line health care workers do.....

Here is a posting from a front line nurse that explains it better than I can.....

Sorry if I lose of any of you, but I need to get this off my chest. Your gloves and masks you’re wearing to the grocery store? Not going to help you. In fact, likely to do more harm. Here’s why:
1. As soon as you touch anything with your gloves they’re contaminated. Seriously. Grocery cart? That’s on your gloves. Touch your gloves to a can of soup? Transfer of germs. Wear those gloves into the car? Now on your steering wheel. I wear them at work for one task and remove. Then wash. Put on a new pair. I go through dozens in a shift. Just wash wash wash. Over and over.
2. That mask, it’s not helping you. It’s no more effective than staying 6feet away from someone. If you stay home, you don’t need it. You know who needs it? Me. I can’t start IVs, do cpr, suction airways and give meds from 6feet away. I NEED THE MASK. You should also know that after wearing a paper mask for roughly half an hour, the moisture from your breathing makes it penetrable. It’s no longer effective for you anyway. But it works for me to provide care to a single patient and remove it. If 5 of you didn’t use masks, I’d be protected for care of 5 patients.
3. Just stay home. I swear to you if I could I would. Open your windows. Clean out the fridge. Watch some Netflix. It’s a staycation. Just do it. So many people praising healthcare workers for going in and doing our jobs. It’s nice, but the best thank you we can get is to commit to stopping the spread. You might say when this is all over, it wasn’t as bad as we said it would be. That’s because what we advised worked. And if you want to complain about it being overkill, go for it. I’ll happily keep my mouth shut while you shame us for inconveniencing you.
4. Be kind. Please and thank you.

With love, Nurse Nancy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts