21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
QUOTED HOBO quote didn't take?

They have said in some countries that where the public had started using masks that it does help slow the transmission of germs. Wearing gloves, masks and social distancing is all helpful.
But I am not going to argue with you, I think they would be a benefit of slowing down the spread of this virus.

As far as the hospitals needing them, they do waste a lot, they have gotten used to routine waste of things. A part of why your bill is so high. In your quote of Nancy she tells you of the waste, she goes through thousands of gloves and cheap masks a day! She tells us that wearing gloves when you go shopping are not beneficial, > BS. If anything wearing them compared to not wearing them when you shop are like day and night. You have a 100% better chance of touching things with out gloves then without.
Now you take 1000 Nancy's doing what she does and that adds up to over a million gloves and masks tossed everyday. Now we know that they are the disposable type.
You can (and they should) use a better glove that can be disinfected and reused. They do make them. And there are ways to wash them properly to get the germs off.
So take the 1000's she tosses everyday and you can get that count down to maybe 2 pairs tossed a day. Disinfect them, them wash your hands and reuse them.
She also said that the masks have a lifespan true if they use the cheap masks, there are much better ways for them to protect their air intake. Yes they cost more but they should be using them NOW. Those in the hospitals battling this should be treating this virus like nuclear waste in what they wear.
Plus those gloves are cheap and thin.They tear easy. So just how safe are they?

We have become a disposable society.

Look at what America did during WW2. Lets open up some of the thousands of manufacturing plants that have closed due to everyone going to China to make things.
S crew China, let make it Made in the USA again.
Canada can jump in too and help. :)

Much more can be said about China's role in all of this! And what we buy from them, and what they dump on the market.
Everyone likes cheap prices but there is a payoff in quality, and our economy.
( Canada's too)
Also that fact that this crap came from them!
S crew China!

Much more can be said about all of this
But like I said I am not going to argue with you, and I know what your going to say.:cool:

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Only that it's clear you know nothing about the medical profession and the equipment and protocols involved......and why would you......

Oh, and we don't get a bill here for hospital stays....sure, we pay for it thru our taxes, but at least I don't have to sell my house to pay my medical bills......

But then, I guess driving a tanker truck is different than providing life saving services while trying not to infect the next patient with what the first patient has by following proven protocols that are in place to do so.....

As for bringing back manufacturing to North America....ain't gonna happen....it went to China in the first place because of cheap labor....try figuring out what our trains would cost if they were made here, with our labour force wanting top wages.....

But, like you, I am not going to argue with you.....there is no argument here......

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Only that it's clear you know nothing about the medical profession and the equipment and protocols involved......and why would you......

Oh, and we don't get a bill here for hospital stays....sure, we pay for it thru our taxes, but at least I don't have to sell my house to pay my medical bills......

But then, I guess driving a tanker truck is different than providing life saving services while trying not to infect the next patient with what the first patient has by following proven protocols that are in place to do so.....

As for bringing back manufacturing to North America....ain't gonna happen....it went to China in the first place because of cheap labor....try figuring out what our trains would cost if they were made here, with our labour force wanting top wages.....

But, like you, I am not going to argue with you.....there is no argument here......
It is you way up there living in your cocoon that knows nothing,
But seems to know everything about anything.

I have 5 members of my family in the health care system working right now, they can tell you about the waste that goes on. But not at the moment as they are running out of PPE.
My view like I said more then once is that all of them should be dressed like they are treating nuclear waste.

Delivering chemicals is a vital part, anything that gets produced takes chemicals in the manufacturing process.
Trucking period is vital, everything you use gets delivered by a truck somehow. Be it a little truck or tractor trailer.
Everything gloves, respirators, medicines, toilet paper and all paper products, almost EVERYTHING vital to combating this virus and making everyday products take CHEMICALS and a TRUCK.

I buy whenever possible made in the USA, we can bring it back. One may be buying from China at a cheaper price but look at what you are getting. Garbage. And made with slave labor and under paid workers. Also the companies are subsidized by their government to drag the market price down so that they may monopolize the market.

Just one product they dump is say tires. You can pay say a $150 for a Ming chang suswingie tire compared to paying $350 for a Goodyear tire made here in the USA . (just picked Goodyear)
They have done studies that even though their tire is cheaper the tire will wear out 4 times quicker then the Goodyear. So in the end those tires will cost you $600 bucks compared to buying quality at $350.
But, to the general consumer all they see is a cheaper price.
Most ALL products are the same.......cheap inferior products.
S crew China, they dump on the market anyway they can with their sneaky tactics!
Lets bring it back home, yes this includes Canada.

Also Now they are recommending here is for EVERYONE to wear some kind of face cover when they have to go out in public. Gloves too when food shopping.
It was said somewhere here on the site that only health care facility's hospitals etc to wear the PPE.
It was shown that countries that wear the masks out in public HAVE knocked down the infection rate.

So now they are saying, if anyone goes out in public (like food shopping ), at least around here wear a mask and gloves and stay away from people at 6' and wipe everything down. And other things.
This should have been implemented months ago!
I have not gone anywhere, I have been if possible getting what I need delivered by TRUCK.
I am waiting on 4 filtered face masks right now ordered them last night, boxes of disposable gloves too. And they are selling like hot cakes now! Soon they will be hard to get.
From delivering CHEMICALS, I have a ample supply of free Alcohol wipes to sanitize things. And it took CHEMICALS to make them, Isopropanol 99% among other CHEMICALS.
So yes chemicals are vital for almost everything you can think of.

By the way "Nancy" says that she needs them to protect her from spreading the virus to other patients?
Around here all the hospitals have nothing but the corona patients, they are all infected already.
So she is more worried about herself then transmitting it.
And rightly so.
They are telling EMTs in NYC if they think an infected person is going to die don't even pick them up.

Also some doctors just put a closed sign on their doors, real dedicated!

My cousin is an EMT here in a NJ town, the next town over parked their ambulances as the EMT's refused to do what they are paid to due till this settles down, real dedicated!
He runs the squad where he is at and volunteered his crew to take over for them, he says that is BS.
Lots more can be added but I wasted enough time on you.

That is it old ho-blow.
Made you wait for a reply ha ha ha.
I know you know everything about nothing!
Stay safe in your little cocoon up there. :cool:

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I knew it would take you that long to come up with your retort, as long and opinionated as it is.....

My wife and daughter are in the medical profession as well, both work in hospitals, so I do know a thing or two about that.....

And much of that stuff coming from China is made there.....by American companies, who are more interested in making more profit using cheaper labor than worrying about why production should be brought back to North America.......

Lastly, I don't live in a cocoon......we live in igloos up here, doncha know.....

Anyway, you really should try not to be so negative.....it's bad for your health......

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Ha Ha Ha negativity?
It is you that ought to change your underwear more often.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts