Model Train Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,846 Posts
That label plate is unusual. Never seen it before.

My label in the gallery says "O Gage Switch"

Made from 1936 to 1942 022 switch

This is a must read for track info.

It explains all, anything you wanted to know about Lionel track.

·
Registered
130 Posts
is the 1 1/4 plate normal? just never see it or are they something made special? i have 2 of them, also 2 manual(hand operated) 042 switches that say 1 1/4 on them

·
Hobo for Life
6,243 Posts
I was referring to Fitzs post! A prewar set up is nice! Good thing is that some pre war stuff is still reasonable! In the original post I just thought you needed to know if it would work, I didn't know it needed to be dated too. Did you get the switches? If not now you know what to look for! I'll keep an eye out for you, in case I run across anything. Keep it going im rooting for ya. And have fun doing it!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was referring to Fitzs post! A prewar set up is nice! Good thing is that some pre war stuff is still reasonable! In the original post I just thought you needed to know if it would work, I didn't know it needed to be dated too. Did you get the switches? If not now you know what to look for! I'll keep an eye out for you, in case I run across anything. Keep it going im rooting for ya. And have fun doing it!
Thanks. Didn't get them. I'd have privately enjoyed the 1 1/4 inch labeling… just something different.

As far as staying completely prewar, that's becoming more and more difficult as I try and grow. Was my father's as a boy and I added an age-specific set. (2 households to pass along-to) Both are in the in the 600's. Has traditionally been a Christmas only set-up, but deserves more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts