Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 10 wooden buildings that are free to a good home. I bought these and the seller did not understand scale. I run HO and these are much larger than HO. I think they are slightly larger than O. If you can use them they are yours for the cost of shipping. Please note that some need to be reassembled. Or they are great for kitbashing if you want. The seller is an excellent EBayer as they treated me very well, they understood that it was an error and made it right to me. I just want someone who can use the buildings to get them. The picture in the auction link shows them assembled: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380190082471&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_581wt_1167

Original auction description (not my words):
UP FOR AUCTION TODAY ARE TEN (10) "WOOD RAILROAD VILLAGE HOUSES". BOUGHT A TRAIN SETUP AT ESTATE SALE and THESE WHERE INCLUDED. THE SMALLEST MEASURES 3 3/4" WIDE, 4 1/8" DEEP and 5" TALL - THATS THE RED ONE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PICTURE. THE LARGEST IS 6 1/2" WIDE, 4 3/8" DEEP and 8 7/8" TALL - THATS THE TWO (2) STORY BROWN ONE IN THE FRONT ROW. THESE ARE USED and NEED A LITTLE TENDER CARE, HE HAD A VERY LARGE LAYOUT.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Nice offer! May I ask that you measure the height of the doorway on one, to give everyone an idea of the scale? I might be interested if they are S scale, but S is halfway between O and HO, so they may be too large. Regardless, thanks for the opportunity!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice offer! May I ask that you measure the height of the doorway on one, to give everyone an idea of the scale? I might be interested if they are S scale, but S is halfway between O and HO, so they may be too large. Regardless, thanks for the opportunity!
I did not measure all of the doors. They very in size. Some are just under 2 inches high by 1 inch wide. Others are slightly large.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
TKruger,

Again, thanks for your generosity. B & M has already said dibs on the two circled. Let everyone else grab what they want and I'll take what's left, if that's okay with you. Starting my layout is a good six months off, so I'd rather those who have one under construction get first shot at your offer. How about if we give it till Monday morning, and then I'll make arrangements with you to acquire what's left over?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TKruger,

Again, thanks for your generosity. B & M has already said dibs on the two circled. Let everyone else grab what they want and I'll take what's left, if that's okay with you. Starting my layout is a good six months off, so I'd rather those who have one under construction get first shot at your offer. How about if we give it till Monday morning, and then I'll make arrangements with you to acquire what's left over?

Thanks so much!
Sent PM.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts