Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not much information to go on. A quick search revealed there are 2 connections, NO and NC. Have you tried the 'other' connection, meaning if you're trying to use the NC connection, try the NO and see it it toggles when detecting a train.

Are you sure you have proper power connected? Have you opened the unit to look for internal fuses?

ADDED: Have you checked the power selector switch or the sensitivity settings?

https://www.lionelsupport.com/media/servicedocuments/7006714111250153IRcontroller.pdf

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom, Thank you for your quick reply.
I have the power supply correct and the bridge lights come on but the infared light does not come on to control switching the lights.
I have tried the sensitivity settings and the power select switch.
I will open the unit to see if there is a fuse.

·
Registered
890 Posts
There's probably nothing inside that is serviceable. How do you know the IR isn't coming on, is there some indicator? I don't have one, but technically IR isn't visible, though there is usually some red light visible because the emitter has some visible light since they are inexpensive items.

If you've checked all the usual suspects then it simply may be defective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will contact Lionel Support regarding the 153IR problem.

Another question: One drive gear on my LionelChief Plus, Pennsylvania 5620, will not stay in place and thus does not engage the two larger gears.
The second motor drive gear came off completely.
I have not been able to find any information with instructions to fix the problem.
Any suggestions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts