Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Newbie to this forum, but I've been "messing" with model trains since I was 4 years old.
Just acquired a really beat up Lionel #154 electric loco and passenger cars. I have the loco reversing switch, but it's not wired to the motor assembly. Is there a wiring diagram available?
Your help would be most appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hello Ron,

Welcome to the forum! Can you post pics of your setup?

I've model railroaded before, but I'm new to O scale. This is the place to ask questions:D

Cheers, Ian

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Thanks, T-Man ... I was scratching my head on that one! The "tinker toy" didn't look like the other e-unit drawings / schematics I've seen in other old Lionel manuals.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,692 Posts
Well it's only a switch.

WHen I bought the 1668 I was lookin at a 154 and a 258. It was close. All in the same price range. SHe running great now. I have 1668e shell I am pairing with my old motor. I need to go through the eunit on that one.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Well it's only a switch.
Ohhhh ... "I see!" said the blind man. No e-unit ... got it!

I'm really thrilled that you bagged that 1668 shell and will be teaming it up with your other motor. Did you ever figure out who / why / what caused the major chop-shop hatchet job on your other shell?

TJ

·
Yard Master & Research
10,692 Posts
The people I bought it from wasn't even sure how they got it. The husband had a postwar set a 2026 and the marine 212. They were dealing a better price for the box. No shell pieces were there and the motor didn't run for years. The 248 was in the box too. It's wheels were split. So without the number plates there was no way to id the shell specifically.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts