Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide a lead on an affordable 1940s to 1960s garbage truck? I am constructing my town to include an illusion of depth by cutting off the backs of my downtown buildings and using them as background flats behind an alleyway. I hope to enhance the look of this alleyway by having garbage cans and a garbage truck, other things, but I'm having difficulty finding an affordable garbage truck that would fit the era. My layout is set in 1965.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for posting that link Tom. Bookmarked. Just looking through that site gave me many ideas and a few things I want now but had not thought of. May have to send them my credit card.
Andy

·
Registered
773 Posts
Classic Metal Works has a 1957 Chevy Garbage truck. Younger than the modeltech, but still old enough to weather up nicely for a 1965 layout.

If you want a bargain for half the price of what's been offered so far, EKO has a "Sava Garbage Truck" The cab is euro and detail is sparse but if you've got an extra US cab lying around...

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
The MTS trucks are pretty nice.
I have four... all with red cabs.
Jus' so you know, they might have different color cabs, depending on the production cycle. I've seen black, green, red, and blue.
Now if they'd only make an era cement truck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
My LHS is AA Hobbies in Warwick, RI (401-737-7111). His main business is HO scale and his secondary business is model vehicles. He has a TON of them on display around the store! Good guy with good prices. Give him a call. He may be able to help you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the suggestions, everyone. This gives me a lot of good leads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts