Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, here are some photos from my layout which has been under construction for just under 5 years. There are at present 21 scenes, with these photos just showing a few. they show Port Cherbourg, the yard tower at Metz ( modelled from the movie The Train, with Burt Lancaster ), Carentan with Omaha Beach, and the ballast mill at St Lo. I have scratchbuilt most of what you see. The track is peco code 100 flex track, and the layout is dcc using the nce system. So please have a look, this is my first go at a thread, and i hope to get better at posting etc and get some more productive photos for you all to see as time progresses. regards bob

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi, apart from some of the buildings in port cherbourg, which are kitbashed, i did build all of the other buildings and structures from scratch that you see in the photos. regards bob

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Very impressive work! I can picture all the lil French kiddies seeing your pics and saying, "Hey! I can see my house from here!" I'm currently reading Jeff Shaara's "The Steel Wave", so it's particularly interesting to me.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Bakkers,

BRAVO! Excellent craftsmanship, and a real and fitting tribute to our brave soldiers who helped liberate France and bring the Nazi regime to its knees.

Just out of curiosity, what's prompted your keen interest in WWII European battles?

Regards,

TJ

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Very impressive scenes there. Would love to see the layout as a whole!

Me too.:thumbsup:

The sky's too blue in the background. :D
You need some columns of smoke mixed in.:thumbsup:
Maybe a few planes painted in too.:thumbsup:

Very nice, please do post some more.:thumbsup::D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi again, well its been great feedback so far. i just noted that a few of you would like to see some smoke, aircraft and bigger layout photos. well its all on the way. im putting together a layout explantion story with pics which hopefully will please you all, of course id like lots of imput so i can improve on the scenes, and i too think that the sky is a bit too blue and i am at present trying to tone it down.

·
Registered
345 Posts
hi again, well its been great feedback so far. i just noted that a few of you would like to see some smoke, aircraft and bigger layout photos. well its all on the way. im putting together a layout explantion story with pics which hopefully will please you all, of course id like lots of imput so i can improve on the scenes, and i too think that the sky is a bit too blue and i am at present trying to tone it down.
Just please yourself man:thumbsup: It's working so far.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
Just please yourself man:thumbsup: It's working so far.
I think the sky looks great.:thumbsup:

I should have said maybe a few planes and a little smoke billowing off in the distance would add to the war scene.:D

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Bob that is a very impressive layout and you should share this with as many people as possible. The numbers of veterans who served in WWII are really starting to dwindle. My aunt served as a surgical nurse in Burma and she is 94 years young so....just let a lot of people see it...it is worth alot!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Bob,
I'm a huge WWII history buff, so your layout is SO impressive! WOW!
Your craftmanship is incredible. Mega kudos for a fabulous layout :thumbsup::)
Pat yourself on the back for making us proud :D
Bob

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
Bob / Bakkers,

Haven't heard from you since the big storm. I do hope that you and yours are recovering OK, and that the layout can largely be salvaged. Wishing you all the best,

TJ

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Bob / Bakkers,

Haven't heard from you since the big storm. I do hope that you and yours are recovering OK, and that the layout can largely be salvaged. Wishing you all the best,

TJ
I am at a loss here. What do you mean after the big storm? What do you mean recovering ok? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HOPE THE LAYOUT CAN BE LARGELY SALVAGED? What on earth did I miss!? Is his beautiful layout gone please fill me in on this.:confused::confused::confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts