Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first 1959 Lionel Ho Set. Needs couplers on most of the cars. Does anyone know if replacement couplers are available. The coupler is held in place with a small spring steel clip. I also need the second set of wheels in the dummy loco. I collect loionel O gauge and don't know much about Lionel Ho. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.
I live in Rochester, New York.

·
Registered
919 Posts
lpadlo - I just sold a set of HO Lionel cars. While I had them, I replaced the couplers with Kadees and also Kadee 33" metal wheels - the original Lionel wheel flanges were too deep to run without problems on my layout.
I believe I put regular #5 couplers into the draft gear boxes with the Kadee springs, it was pretty much a drop-in fit. Of course these are freight cars I am talking about, if you have passenger cars than I have not had any experience with those.
The wheel replacement was pretty easy too, although I had to monkey with it a bit, since the trucks are metal and sprung as well. Again, talking fright car trucks.
Let us know how it goes - hopefully someone else here will have some more answers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts