Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Marx collecter, last year bought a lionchief o scale Lionel because I love the British steam trains too, I like it so well I bought a polar express and an Albert Hall during the year as well . They all run on 3 separate tracks flawlessly. I recently bought a “broke “ Harry Potter set on eBay that was perfect except the driving rods were bent or broken on locomotive, I repair it and now it runs great as well , I’ve never tried to run it the same time as other Harry Potter because I’m not sure if they run on same frequency, afraid I might mess something up in remotes if used at same time. Does anyone know if 2 identical HarryPotter Lionel lionchief can run independently on separate tracks on same layout? Thanks, I can work on the mechanical parts but circuit boards is above my skill set! Lol

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Two identical Lionchief engines should run fine on the same layout or even on the same track. They will both operate at the same speed using one remote. I haven't done this, but someone else on the forum has.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two identical Lionchief engines should run fine on the same layout or even on the same track. They will both operate at the same speed using one remote. I haven't done this, but someone else on the forum has.
That’s what I was worried about: same remote working both trains , I don’t want that, I’m running on separate tracks and would like to control different speeds, my Albert Hall, Polar express , and Harry Potter can all be run at same time on different tracks using the remoteS each train came with ( different frequencies) I’d like to run the 2 Harry potters at same time on different tracks my layout is a small 8 by 12 with 4 independent loops,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I tried it and my 2 Harry Potter lionchiefs will indeed run separately on same layout using their own separate remotes, meaning 1 can stop or reverse etc without effecting the other!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they identical sets? If so, they should have actually responded to either remote.
Are they identical sets? If so, they should have actually responded to either remote.
another example of having the lionel product number to get the proper help.
yes, the same as far as I can tell, identical,
yes, they are both Harry Potter lionchief remotes controlled. Trains only respond to their own remote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts