Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a CSX 2005 Special Edition Collector Edition Train made by Athearn for CSX. Only 1500 of these were made and offered to CSX employees. Yes, I am a CSX employee (13 years). The kit contains a full working locomotive and 7 other cars. The kit does NOT contain any tracks. I have only taken the cars out of box (today) to take pics of locomotive. They have been in my office since delivery.

I tried looking up value but unable to find dollar amounts. I did find 4 of the cars, no locmotives, on EBay for sale at $80 (Buy me now).

I paid $200 for the train set in 2005, so dont make me some crazy low ball offer.

Make me an offer!

I can be contacted by email [email protected] or (843) 992-8173 (anytime)

Atlantic Coast Line model pg 1.jpg.jpg

Atlantic Coast Line model pg 2.jpg.jpg

DSC05062.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

DSC05035.jpg

DSC05040.jpg

DSC05045.jpg

DSC05048.jpg

DSC05050.jpg

DSC05052.jpg

DSC05053.jpg

DSC05054.jpg

DSC05055.jpg

DSC05056.jpg

DSC05057.jpg

DSC05058.jpg

DSC05059.jpg

DSC05060.jpg

DSC05064.jpg

DSC05067.jpg

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I'm sure someone who models Atlantic Coast Line would buy that nice set off you very quickly, it looks like it is a very well done set but don't always rely on the prices you find on ebay these are what people want for them not what they are actually worth. The passenger cars are very nice with good detailing (do they have an interior?) don't know a lot about the values of F series locos but i do know every manufacture makes them so the value on it could be low does it have an interior also? If you have paper work that came with it saying it was a limited edition set than that will also influence it's price. I would have to say it is worth anywhere from 150 to 250 because of it's rarety. If the set is DCC that will greatly increase it's price and could make it worth 250 to 350 if it has it. Best of luck to you on your sale.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I DON'T THINK HE CARES WHAT NEW ONE ARE WORTH HE IS TRYING TO SELL A COLLECTOR SET. Not the same as what you have found

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Those are the prices of brand new trains from 2010 not 2005 so technology will be very different as far as motors and detailing plus this kind of item has no true reatil price as none have been sold second hand so one can only start with what one paid at the time $200 dollars

Someone considering $200 on Craig's list: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tag/2078747366.html
gunrunner that is the same person offering this one so you know.:rolleyes:

spiritslounger , welcome to the forum.

you are welcome to offer your set for sale here and more, however "best offer" does not work here. this is not an auction site. please post your asking price whatever it may be.
thanks in advance
He stated what he had paid for it when it was new $200 dollars and it has never been opened except for picture day so that is what he wants to get now someone else will most likely make a lower offer but could just buy it for the 200.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I DON'T THINK HE CARES WHAT NEW ONE ARE WORTH HE IS TRYING TO SELL A COLLECTOR SET. Not the same as what you have found
Look at the item numbers mate. They ARE the same thing. :rolleyes:

Those are the prices of brand new trains from 2010 not 2005 so technology will be very different as far as motors and detailing plus this kind of item has no true reatil price as none have been sold second hand so one can only start with what one paid at the time $200 dollars
If you look at the announced date of the actual cars / item numbers, they are all from '02 which would be the same run that your "set" falls into. The only item in your set that is'nt specificlly available, is the A/B Loco's with the specific road numbers you are offering.

I wasnt trying to pick a fight or burn your thread, just showing you what full blown retail would be on them and help you figure out pricing. If you add up the retail pricing listed on Athearns site, the 7 cars are $16.98 each and the $89.98 for the A/B unit, your at $208.48 before tax. Assuming you can find them for less if you searched around.

Either way, good luck on your sale. :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately, the only thing "Collectible" about this set is the outside box printed for CSX unlike some of the UP safety awards that have been made with division info, etc. All the pieces can be found individually. Athearn also made a "SET" exactly like this in their OWN box with track and a transformer, that is what you will be competing with. There is not a high demand for these type pieces, considering Horizon STILL has/had stock of individual cars and were begging for their dealers to buy them according to my insider at the LHS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts