Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a 2353 dummy engine with the working horn inside. I see one on e-bay that is a 2353T. What does the "T" mean??

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Well, honestly I do not know... If you want to trust another eBay auction listing though, then the T means that the unit is a dummy unit :dunno:

You are bidding on a nice set of post war LIONEL #2353 SANTA FE LOCOMOTIVES that were cataloged from 1953 to 1955. This classic FT diesel locomotive includes a powered unit (No. 2353P) with dual maintenance-free motors, magnetraction, operating coupler and an operating headlight. The non-powered unit (No. 2353T) features an operating horn, operating coupler and an operating headlight.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,647 Posts
This T eludes me. Doyle makes no reference to T. The engine is a F-3 with AA units one nonpowered. T is reserved to a nonwhistling tender, W has a whistle in a tender. You have to wonder if these people know what they are selling. Either engine doesn't go cheep.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,647 Posts
Moen catalog 1970 and up

Moen has an FT listed and also an F-3 so it must be a modern designation. If it has a T it is not postwar. T can be also types produced postwar had two 2353 produced. The second Type covered a hole from the molding.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Moen has an FT listed and also an F-3 so it must be a modern designation. If it has a T it is not postwar. T can be also types produced postwar had two 2353 produced. The second Type covered a hole from the molding.
But the Postwar Lionel site that I refer to shows that the 2353T was made from 1953-1955 (check out where it lists the box types)... Or am I just misunderstanding what you are saying?

http://www.postwarlionel.com/cgi-bin/postwar?ITEM=2353

·
Registered
1 Posts
Santa Fe 2353 Horn relay

Would someone be so kind as to send or post the correct wiring diagram and parts list for the SF 2353 horn and relay.
Thanks,
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts