Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a small show today a guy had two 290 one had a steel tender and one had a plastic tender did they make 2 different tenders.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
All 290 engines were made with sheet metal tenders. Since some 290's have previously been observed with plastic tenders collectors far more knowledgeable than me have noted they are likely factory or service station repair/replacements.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
You should wait and see if Flyernut decides to sell his 295, that would be a better purchase than a 290 with the wrong tender.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok good i dear. I have a 290 allready putting new white walls i thought the price was ok but when i saw the other 290 with pastic tender i backed away. I will wait to see if flyernut sells the 295.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Ok good i dear. I have a 290 allready putting new white walls i thought the price was ok but when i saw the other 290 with pastic tender i backed away. I will wait to see if flyernut sells the 295.
I think I have 2 295's somewhere... Neither one has the whistle in the tender though.. My new to me 315 has the air chime whistle in the tender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts