Model Train Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
Back then it was Rolling Rock for me. And Bud and Coors that came east on the trucks.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
I used to live in Houston,Tx and we could not get Coors back then. We used to have to make "runs"
back then. But Lone Star beer and Busch was fine for me.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This is why the i live in sucks this storm we had little rain some high winds and yesterday over 100 thousand with out lights including my self i do have a generator. But they r saying it might take 2 or 3 days R. I. SUCKS NATIONAL GRIDE SUCKS. SORRY JUST VENTING.

AL

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Hope you get your power back soon. I hate when my power is out. Luckily, it does not
happen to me much. No hurricanes or tropical storms in Missouri. Just tornados, LOL.
The grid needs to be buried, then storms do not effect.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
True but old neighbor hood cost to much. Not complaining about the workers. Wouldnt want thete job.

Al

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
All the utilities are underground in the south portion of Orange County. For electrical that is local service, secondary distribution and most primary distribution. HV Transmission lines are on poles, substations are mostly outdoor on grade. It makes a big difference in reliability. However partly because of the cost of undergrounding we have some of the highest power rates in the nation.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yes thankyou you should of kept more. Thankyou it runs great thanks. I could never get the reverse unit work that good when i do it works but after a while it will stick every so often. Thankyou again how you feeling. Take it slow.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Yes thankyou you should of kept more. Thankyou it runs great thanks. I could never get the reverse unit work that good when i do it works but after a while it will stick every so often. Thankyou again how you feeling. Take it slow.
Well, I was back in the hospital again Sunday, heart problems. I'm now wearing a heart monitor for 2 weeks. Growing old sucks!! If and when that e-units sticks, spray it down with CRC contact cleaner, non-flammable type. It will free it up from any gunk,etc, it may pick up...and thanks again for asking about my health problems, it will get better..The wife is starting to worry about me..Loren

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
Al, I do not think we will ever be as good as flyernut on repairing these steamers. I try.
LOL, like last night. I put an engine back together. Was happy with it. Then realized I
forgot to solder headlight wires back in place. Has to be tore down again.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts