Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Wow. That is an impressive collection. Are they all the same brand? Are they DC or DCC ?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i saw some guy collect 12 diesels from some road & i thought i can collect all 25 big boys but i overshot by 5 lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Did you buy all these brand new retail?

·
Registered
255 Posts
no evilbay & fb market pages & such:sold:
Ahhh smart 👍 I have purchased 95% of my collection on eBay. I have spent a fortune but I have saved a fortune too by doing so.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's pretty cool. You might need an auxiliary power generator to run them all.
its funny 3 big boys i got because guys couldn't get them moving on dc
i heard the humming & you know what it is automatically:sold:
i popped of the boiler cleaned out the solid grease & re greased them & off they ran lol:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hmm, wonder if one of those was mine, sold on ebay some 20 years ago, Rivarossi.

Now I'm into the hobby once again, I'm buying all the ones I sold back. :)

Bob

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmm, wonder if one of those was mine, sold on ebay some 20 years ago, Rivarossi.

Now I'm into the hobby once again, I'm buying all the ones I sold back. :)

Bob
i sold my big boys that i bought 20 years ago this current collection started in 2012:cool:

·
Banned
201 Posts
Ahhh smart 👍 I have purchased 95% of my collection on eBay. I have spent a fortune but I have saved a fortune too by doing so.

Aha, that's very clever ! I mean, you spent a fortune, but you saved a fortune. So if I get it right doing the math 101, you must break totally even, and you are even left with a collection of Big Boys for free ! Awesome ! Did you know that when my comrade AHM, former Yugoslavia, produced them, like 30 - 40 years ago they used to sell for $ 50 - 65 new, in Europe $ 30 - 40 ? I don't understand why nowadays they are so overpriced, too expensive. First I didn't see any thrill in collecting 30 locos of the same type except that "bizarre overshooting by 5 the record of 25", I do know the maddening thrill of a few hundreds of a different type each, but looking at the Big Boy size over and over again, I start to need it, only one, though. So now it's on my wish list. :SELLIT: One to me, and you still win by 29 !

·
Admin
43,704 Posts
That's quite a load, I like them, but I only have two. They might outweigh all your Big Boys, but you blow me away with quantity. :D

My examples are of 4014 as manufactured on the top, and as it came out of the Cheyenne shops after the rebuild this year.

2 Big Boys.png

1 - 20 of 29 Posts