Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Morning:)

One of my 302AC's was banged up pretty bad. Lot's of bare metal showing and where there was still paint, it was scratched and touch up wasn't possible. Soooooooo, "Strip Time:D"

I did the Boiler and the Tender. I have a decal set for the tender(not sure if I'll use it, or go with the "Virginian" logo's.

The smoke unit was shot. Bid and won one yesterday(cheap!) I also need a base for the tender(slotted for tabs). The one I had was shot! Have E-unit, trucks and wiring harness, so I'm just a step away from being done.

When this is done, All My "S" gauge engines will be completed, and I can focus on the repaints for my 2 "O" Alco's(been putting them off because of decals and fear of a "Multi-Color" paint job:laugh::laugh:)

I think it looks pretty good:D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I think it looks mighty good, Jim. You've become a craftsman in the T-Man school!

And that's a very, very, oooold school....*L*

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,907 Posts
I think it looks mighty good, Jim. You've become a craftsman in the T-Man school!

And that's a very, very, oooold school....*L*

Man you got more "junk":thumbsup: to work on.:laugh:

Are you ever going to run out of things to re paint?:D

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Reckers:)

Big Ed, I sure hope not:D

Considering how destructive I must have been as a child, it seems only fitting that I now try and restore what I ruined!!!:D

Besides that, my wife says it keeps me from driving her, "Crazy!":laugh:
(but when she's out of hearing range, I always mutter that it's not a long drive, but just a short putt!):laugh::laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts