Model Train Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Tom a stack of Talking Station records would be good to have and look through. I only I have 2. Honestly my Talking Station isn't even on my layout any more.
I did read somewhere that Dennis Bagby was the person who contributed the sets for the Greenberg Volume III Sets book now that you mentioned it. Seems to me there was an article on that in one of the magazines. Maybe Classic Toy Trains or S Gaugian.
I wonder if Gary Clark was at Train Fest in Milwaukee about 6 years ago. (Guessing on the year). I met a man there that had 4 8' tables of nothing but NIB rolling stock. Way more than I have ever seen anywhere. I don't remember his name but he did give me his card. As I am typing this I looked through my card file and don't see his card. Sorry he passed away.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Kenny, that was likely Gary. In the "good old days" when there were many train shows he and Laura would split up to cover multiple shows at the same time.
I bought one of the sets from Dennis that was photographed for the Volume III book. One of these days I will get it out and post pictures, I just have to find it. For 10 years we owned a second home about 5 miles from Dennis. Once a year I would go over to his place and spend half a day looking through everything he had to find things to buy. I could not afford to go more often!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This the respose i received from trainz they apologize not responding quicker but the item was sold this about the 315 steamer. So i would say BS. Lol

Al

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You bet so i will definitely will not buy anything from they be reported to e bay which nothing would happen.

Al

·
Registered
259 Posts
With the on going Covid-19 issue pretty much the only place to acquire trains is via the Internet.York in the Fall has cancelled and pretty much all local shows in my area New York state have also cancelled.ebay is not the only game in town.Craigslist is a source but very hit n miss and sometimes dubious at best.A great source is Facebook Marketplace.there is a local buy n sell but if you join there several American Flyer Groups that are selling platforms.You are buying from knowledgeable fellow hobbyists who will answer any question you have.Great source if looking to add to your collection...

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Iam pretty much done with e bay that episode with trainz and couple others and the high cost of shipping i ave two people i buy from doug peck and train&more plus the two hobby shops i go to.

Al

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
With the on going Covid-19 issue pretty much the only place to acquire trains is via the Internet.York in the Fall has cancelled and pretty much all local shows in my area New York state have also cancelled.ebay is not the only game in town.Craigslist is a source but very hit n miss and sometimes dubious at best.A great source is Facebook Marketplace.there is a local buy n sell but if you join there several American Flyer Groups that are selling platforms.You are buying from knowledgeable fellow hobbyists who will answer any question you have.Great source if looking to add to your collection...
Glad to hear from you my friend...You're right about the shows.. Whenever I deal with craigslist or marketplace, if the owner comes to my place, I'm ALWAYS armed,(armed with my younger son,lol), 9mm or .45, name your poison.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts