Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice set, I also like the brown version of the 633.
As a little guy, I had a 302 that pulled a 625, 640, 642, 633, 631 and a 630. I always loved that 633 along with the 625.. Heck, I loved them all,lol!

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
The 315 set looks great. Love the K5s.
flyernut, that's a lot of cars for a 302 You must have had a pulmor.
I need to work on some axles and wheels, I get a lot of drivers slipping.
Mainly because wheels are not rolling good enough. If you remove the
wheels from the trucks and clean and oil, makes a huge difference. I
got a lot of cars and they barely rolled. Cleaned and oiled and they
will roll away from you now.

I tried to buy a really nice Tuscan 633 last week. Sadly I lost. I wanted it.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 315 set looks great. Love the K5s.
flyernut, that's a lot of cars for a 302 You must have had a pulmor.
I need to work on some axles and wheels, I get a lot of drivers slipping.
Mainly because wheels are not rolling good enough. If you remove the
wheels from the trucks and clean and oil, makes a huge difference. I
got a lot of cars and they barely rolled. Cleaned and oiled and they
will roll away from you.
That's the first thing I do when I get a car in, pull the wheels and do a general clean-up.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I always lubricate all axle ends on any car I get and the pivot part of the truck. Also the knuckle moving parts. Nice 315 set there flyernut. I too have and like the brown version of the 633.

Kenny

·
Registered
86 Posts
Fwiw, regarding the rollability of train cars: I picked a few cars up awhile ago and at least one rolled very poorly. I did similar to what you fellows shared with cleaning and oiling, but then I thought how can I test rollability of my other cars and what standard to use? I grabbed some of my better cars, slanted a length of track and found the one that rolled the furthest. I now had a way to test and a standard to compare similar cars to.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fwiw, regarding the rollability of train cars: I picked a few cars up awhile ago and at least one rolled very poorly. I did similar to what you fellows shared with cleaning and oiling, but then I thought how can I test rollability of my other cars and what standard to use? I grabbed some of my better cars, slanted a length of track and found the one that rolled the furthest. I now had a way to test and a standard to compare similar cars to.
Many companies use a similar type of quality control in preparing their products, such as liquids, oils, etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts