Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One location on my Seattle & Yakima RR layout where the possibility that 4 trains will meet at the curve on the U. Photos of a 4 train meet at the U.

Bill

P1080021.JPG

P1080022.JPG

P1080023.JPG

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill; I'm sure someone has asked you this before but I don't remember. What are your layout dimensions?
Hi Spence, the S&Y RR layout is in a large U shape, 23 feet across and 16 feet deep. The aisle up the middle of the U is 2 feet wide and 8 feet long.

Bill

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Here's a view on my Allegheny & Pacific Railway layout where 5 trains can be seen at the right time: 4 on the main level and 1 on the upper level "figure 8". Always a fun moment to see all this action!

4001_Allegheny_and_Pacific_Rwy_CTT2018A_1001.jpg

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yep, great shot

I especially like when five trains all converge on three different levels at once on my layout. It does't happen very often.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Do I hear six? Six, anyone six? Going once. Going twice ...

Of course Bill could have preempted any gamesmanship using an age old technology ;)

Edison.png

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
I've been running six A5s this week as I posted earlier this week, but I've run six on my layout only once and never again. It is too many to keep track of and just train overload to watch.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been running six A5s this week as I posted earlier this week, but I've run six on my layout only once and never again. It is too many to keep track of and just train overload to watch.
Yep, running 6 consists in conventional operation will keep you on your toes. Cabooses tend to get rammed.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts