Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks for all the increased activity lately - we have hit our first milestone of 500 posts!

It may not seem like a lot but I think it's a great start. So far we are getting 1-2 people signing up per day, sometimes more. The site is not really advertised anywhere so it's nice when people find our little spot on the internet.

Also, seems that December has been our most popular month in terms of visits, with close to 5000, and 153,000 hits. This means people are not only coming to the site, they are spending time browsing around, which is great.

Keep the discussion coming! So far it is a great group.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
1000 posts!!!

Wow... This is technically the 999th post, but I can not wait until morning to express my excitement over the growth of this site!!!

It took over 20 months for the first 500 posts to roll in, but not even 2 months for the next 500 messages to be posted!!!

Keep up the good work everyone, and let us make this database of model railroading knowlege continue to grow!!!

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:​

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn I missed it!!! I came on this morning and there was 1,016!!!!! There has been a flurry of activity recently, really great to see.

But great job. It took 2 years to get to 500 posts - how pathetic really - and 2 more months to get to 1,000 - this place is really picking up STEAM...!

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, the cats at my girlfriend's place do that all the time. The white one, Penelope, climbs on top of the monitor and attempts to catch the 'mouse' pointer.

I think I have a pic somewhere I will dig it up for you guys.

I like coming on the board if I get frustrated with my projects, it's refreshing to do some posting and hunting around when people have questions. Sharing is key I find, it rounds out the experience nicely, and removes some of the 'solitary confinement' that comes with this hobby.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
But great job. It took 2 years to get to 500 posts - how pathetic really - and 2 more months to get to 1,000 - this place is really picking up STEAM...!
Picking up steam is right! We have just hit the next 500 post mark in under one month! We also almost have 300 members, awsome :D

Pretty soon we are only going to have to celebrate the 1,000 post intervals since we will be hitting a 500 mark every couple of weeks :worshippy:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, I'm closing in on my first 100 posts myself. I have to tell you guys that I really love this forum, which is why it's the one I frequent and the one I support. I've tried others, but there tends to be such an attitude of "you're not using x equipment, y scale, or operating to the timetable of z railroad from june 25th of 1923 so you suck".

Model railroading is such a very personal hobby, we all build the layout of our dreams, spend countless hours crafting it and perfecting it, and it can be so many things to different people. Some people model because they love constructing the scenery, and the trains going around are secondary, while others are into strictly adhering to every rr regulation. The great thing about here is that those things can exist together, and no one is judgmental or petty.

I'm really glad I found this site, and I intend to continue coming here multiple times a day on a daily basis. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts