Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While in York for the meet, we stopped in Strasburg to see the J-611 there. I'm not much of a photographer, but I've attached a few pictures. BTW, she is in beautiful condition. The crew was preparing to take her out. If someone has already posted photos of her, I apologize.

I1571582132.jpg
I1571582278.jpg
I1571582404.jpg
I1571582510.jpg
I1571582592.jpg
I1571582659.jpg
I1571582799.jpg

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,521 Posts
Even if they did post some, I say the more the merrier. :smilie_daumenpos:

Huge huh? Good size comparison shots.:smokin::thumbsup:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,521 Posts
I see the bleeding hearts running after it with their protest signs. :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, what a powerful machine that is. A true classic in the final days of steam...and it does me good to see it steam again.

I almost pre-ordered the latest Lionel Legacy version...I had to draw the line on purchases, as I am already in the poor house, what with Bipolars due around the same time.

I had the TMCC/Odyssey model from early 2000s - that deep-base whistle was one of the best IMO.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Like Stoshu mention and thought the same just do not realize its size until someone stands next to it.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm not big on eastern locomotives, but that is one gorgeous locomotive. It's on my bucket list to see someday.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
We saw it out the window of the Strasburg train ride this weekend.
My wallet would not let me get close.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very beautiful locomotive for sure. Oddly enough I have/had this very engine in O scale. However, I bought a new house in January of this year and this train has vanished.

It’s driving me nuts because in my blue million items of train stuff this engine is no where to be found. It’s the last remaining piece of O gauge items I have. I have sold everything else in O scale. Wherever it is it has 4 pieces of track with it which completes a box of track I plan to sell too.

I am hoping it turns up but it sure is odd that it Has went MIA.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts