Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone , t-man says im no longer a beginer so i should post here . this was my grandfathers set whom we called chief. he was an engineer. set hasn't been used in 35 years, i took everything apart and cleaned it up , steel wooled the track and got her up and running. aparantly the rear wheels on the engine are off but i have them so little repairs here and there , and i want to change out the brushes on the motor ect and give it a proper tune up, but here they are rolling for the first time in over 35 years.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I think that's admirable, Watchunglava. I run AF postwar stuff that was made in the 1950's, so I have a soft spot for any effort to refit the old giants and get them working again. Nice job!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
I think that's admirable, Watchunglava. I run AF postwar stuff that was made in the 1950's, so I have a soft spot for any effort to refit the old giants and get them working again. Nice job!
I agree..................,

But put a little more light when you take pictures please.:D

And tell the numbers too.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,975 Posts
i think the fast track looks more pleasing to the eye and more authentic . does it have any drawbacks?
To each his own.

I got tube track. Cheaper. Easier to work with. :D
Fast track is nice.

If I wanted to spend the bucks I would go all Ross track and switches.:cool:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just ordered new rear wheel set up. it was hard to find the one with the leaf springs which is what the first ones came with the first few months . got it for $20 ! nice .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
need help! having an issue with this engine. with the bulb. i ordered replacement bulbs. 1447 18v e10 bulbs.

the wire going to the bulb is not secured. it wasn't secure with the original bulb. the original worked . but burned out so i ordered new ones . i stick the wire in the base so it is touching the bulb .

bulb isn't working and it shorts out now with the bulb in. but works fine without it in.

do i need to solder down the wire somewhere?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The hot wire going to the bulb can only touch the little lead nipple on the bottom of the bulb... It needs to be insulated from the socket and from the main metal part of the bulb... Inside of the socket should be a small black washer with a small piece of metal in the center of it, and the wire should be soldered to this... I can get pictures if you want... Is this what you are talking about?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts