Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the light assembly look like for a 752? Mine does not have a bulb that screws in the front, there is a small lens in the front.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,645 Posts
You obviously have a collection heavy in prewar. I have had to look up most of the items you posted.

You need a 1447c bulb, any screw bulb should work in the 14 to 18 volt range.

I found one picture of the engine but nothing on the light fixture drawn out in Olsen's.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
part

I looked it up like you did but there is now where for the bulb to screw into. Must be a holder and clip inside the engine. I need that.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I’ll bet Henning’s or Brasseur’s has the part. I’ve gotten a number of parts for my M-10000’s at Henning’s.

IMG_4812.JPG

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
So i bought the justtrains part, too long and no bulb wire/contact. Sucks
Too short is a much bigger problem. I would think you can shorten it and drill a hole at the appropriate place to mount it.

The missing wire is more problematic. I might try a small nylon washer that would fit in the base of the socket. Take a length of wire and create a "bulb" of solder on one end. Thread it through the washer and then the back of of the metal socket. The bulb will hold it in place. That's basically how a lot of prewar sockets were made but they used a fiber washer as nylon was invented/perfected until the late 1930's.

Socket.png

1 - 8 of 8 Posts