Model Train Forum banner

770 Loading platform...

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  JMedwick 
#1 ·
Anyone have any 'luck' getting this to work consistently? I still use my 15B transformer for accessories but will try to use the MRC Dual Power 027 power supply this week to see if this will give more "snap" to this guy. Looks like Gilbert only made this a couple years. If I every find a sawmill that I can afford I would be tempted to replace it.
dr bob

#2 ·
It has been a while since I used mine but it always worked well. I do not see why the 14V fixed tap on the AH101 would be better than the 16V from the 15B. If it is then there is something wrong with the 15B. I ran my 770 from the 15V posts on a 4B.

#5 ·
how do you keep the block from getting behind the figure before he retracks. If you hold the button down long enough for the block to clear the chute into the car that often happens. The only way I can see to get around that is to hold the spring on the blocks back until the figure is completely back. I had a bit of time and energy to use the 14 027 power supply rather than my AF 15 B and figure snaps much faster with that power supply so I will wire that in permanently...and put some pledge dusting spray to the ramp and block.

#7 ·
I was looking at a couple youtube videos tonight...

on the 770 and I noticed just what you described and will have to see if I can adjust that somehow. That is the biggest issue... the block is totally behind the figure before he retracts. Got chemo tomorrow..but I can play with it on Friday. I will check out the other product to make the track nice and slick for the blocks. Thanks a lot
dr bob

#8 ·
I finaly figured it out.

The platform that the blocks slide on was a bit lose. That is why the blocks would end up behind the guy. Now we are good there.
What action car is there to eject the blocks unto the platform? thought I had one... A box car type? or is a dump box type that went with it?
thanks
dr bob

#11 ·
I just got one of these. The wax idea worked great to help to box slide. But when I load up all the boxes, they still get stuck sometimes at the top. It seems like the pressure from the spring is too tight and prevents the box from being pushed out all the way. Any one else run into this issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.