Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the 8604 thread I soldered this in to the DC motor. I trired to fit the eunit in but no luck. I had to cut both sides to fit it in under the hood section. I didn't place the switch yet but have it sticking out of a window for now.

Now I can run this baby on AC and hopefuly don't wear out the plastic frame.:(

I left the pieces on top for show. The unit had to be moved to the rear a little,for the light to fit, so it did sit on the motor. CLose but enough room.

This weekend I will got to the Wilmington show on Sunday and I will have a Southern Pacific Museum ballcap.
See you there
Bob

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
How about one more picture of just the engine?

What color is it gold?

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here is a motor picture from the other thread. This sits in a square farme for the shell to sit on. Not much, a motor and two axles.

The shell is yellow plastic on the inside and chromed exterior. It is from the LASER set of the early 80's. Land And SEa Rescue. The cars glowed in the dark. It 's my only diesel that runs great.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
I meant another picture with the body on.:laugh::thumbsup:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
8161 and Army 42

Attachments

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rubber!

My little diesel is around 28 years old. Time for a new tire. I found one in LA at the monthly TTOS meeting and swap. Boy, you think we get crazy. THese guys have known each other for years and what a bunch! I lasted an hour and walked out cashless. A lot of fun! Anyway I got my tire there and set the engine up. Works like a champ.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
T-Man,

Sounds like the CA trip was a HUGE success!

Speaking of tires, have you ever heard and/or fiddled with "Bullfrog Snot"? I know nothing about it, other than I've seen a few ads on several model train sites ... paint it on your drive wheels, and "instant improved traction" ...

http://www.bullfrogsnot.com/

Any on MTF ever fiddled with this?

TJ

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did see it at Reeds Hobby in La Mesa. I didn't look at it. Some one has mentioned it before. I don't know is it a tire replacement thing?

Ca. was fun. I got exposed to the TTOS. The southwest division has the largest membership. They do love their trains out there.

·
Premium Member
16,666 Posts
T-Man,

Re: "Bullfrog Snot" ... from what I understand, you paint it on your drive wheels ... it goes on as a thick liquid. When it dries, it forms sort of a rubberized coating on the wheel, essentially serving as a traction tire. Downside ... I think it's sorta green in color!

I've never seen/used the stuff, so this should not be taken as a recommendation. Rather, I've simply seen their ads, and have been curious.

Regards,

TJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts