Model Train Forum banner

A Busy Day on the Railroad

663 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Bman 
#1 ·
Well I have been working pretty hard at all the landscaping lately, then I stopped to clean all the track and now I am currently wiring the remote switches. The landscaping isn't done (is it ever?) but I'm stopping for a while to enjoy! I actually took out a section of track in the yard so I had some more room for the buildings, at least now I can put in a road that goes behind the buildings (these are old buildings and I don't think I'm going to keep them, but there fine for now). At one point in the video you can hear my son in the background. He was pretty excited to see the trains again, it was down for about two weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV9bFWvLvJk

Discussion starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nice,:thumbsup: but I don't really see any old buildings your talking about?:confused:

I would have liked to see how you parked the inside line back in their spots on the sidings, once you got done running them.
With your setup can you stop the two trains on the inside track while your parking the other? I am guessing that you can.:D

edit,
Yes I see your tapping code numbers to control them.
Yeah I think I see what you where getting at, the DCC allows me to do a lot of things that I couldn't before. I really can't run anything on the inside track when I'm building the train. If I want to run counterclockwise on either line it's pretty easy to just pull the loco's out and hook up the cars by backing up to them. If I want to run clockwise I have to pull the loco out of the yard, and run it towards the camera, then I have to use another loco to pull cars out of the yard and "build" the train.

Oh, I meant old as I have had those two buildings in my possession for a long time :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.