Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 728 Posts

·
Admin
45,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we're slowly moving forward. I got the layout design back and double checked it, it still seems to fit in the space allotted. ;) Now the wait after the order for it to actually show up! :D

Mianne Benchwork for GRJ New Layout.png

Mianne Benchwork for GRJ New Layout 2.png

·
Registered
779 Posts
GRJ looks like a nice area for engines to stretch there legs. what is the 30x12' overhang for?

is the 4' green area the lift up bridge to gain access to inner layout?
how high does that lift area open up to?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Excited to see your progress. I can't think of anyone more deserving of a layout than you. Now you'll have a 'testing ground' for all those cool electronic projects you build/bring us!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Looks like a nice layout for trains GRJ, well thought out for ease of access and reach. Ah, the wait for bench work. It's well worth it, I couldn't be happier with the 8x6 set up I ordered from Mianne. Easy to put together and no mess at all dealing with a newly carpeted spare bedroom. Enjoy the journey.

·
Registered
638 Posts
A blank canvas,enjoy

·
Admin
45,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, it'll be an adventure! :D

The elevated section is going to have a town with EZ-Streets, I'm visualizing a dogbone at each end and being able to have two-way traffic side by side. I'll have to consult with the Streets expert to see what works. :D

P

·
0 Posts
"The elevated section is going to have a town with EZ-Streets, I'm visualizing a dogbone at each end and being able to have two-way traffic side by side. I'll have to consult with the Streets expert to see what works".

Great idea, John.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
The benchwork will be loads of fun. Just like assembling tinker toys as a kid. Lots and lots of parts. I wish I could be there.

P

·
0 Posts
"Then I am going to run the bus wires before putting on the plywood top."

Smart move, John. That's what we did and it makes the wiring process a whole lot easier. :thumbsup:

C

·
0 Posts
The benchwork plan looks very good, John. I can see a really nice layout coming to life.

1 - 20 of 728 Posts