Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ABANDONED my 3rd bridge project is almost completed. The wooden bridge was abandoned by the RR for a better route and stronger steel viaduct. A friend of mine said, on his train trip across the US he seen lots of these abandon bridges.

George

abandon_bridge_1.jpg

abandon_bridge_3.jpg

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Nice!! Now, weather the bejaysus out of it, and even have some of the diagonal sway braces unpinned and kept up only by one set of bolts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Not to be the grammar police, but a comma in the title makes the difference between giving up on a project, or the name of the project. :eek:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John. The 2nd part of the abandon bridge project. A fire broke out in the grasslands next to the RR tracks near the steel viaduct. The Janesville fire department quickly extinguished it. I installed very small LEDS in the light bar and ditch lights of the fire truck. Their only the size of a pencil point but are very bright.

George

grass_lands_fire_3.jpg

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
I also thought you had given up in frustration. Glad to see I was mistaken! Very nice work.

·
Registered
227 Posts
"Let's eat, Grandma" and "Let's eat Grandma". Two very different phrases. Comma's save lives.

And yes, nice work.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Nice, add a smoker to the fire. :D:thumbsup:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Get some more fire trucks and simulate your abandoned trestle on fire? :D
Some well placed lights, you can even get a hook and ladder in that scene. If there is an access road by the trestle.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Why not adding some RR scrap inside the valley to the bottom of the wooden trestle or below the new steel bridge?

Sometimes was wrecking of some no more used cunstruction materials cheaper, than transporting it to other construction areas of the RR.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts