Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This, just in: A shopping bag was discovered outside a downtown restaurant. Upon investigation, the bag was found to contain seven pounds of bologna. An eyewitness was heard to have said, "that's a lot of baloney." We're sending a crew to the scene. Stay tuned for updates.

Yesterday there was a flood downtown. Because of the high water, we were not able to cover it live. Let's go live now to Heather Feather with an update on the remaining puddle of water. It has been said that this particular puddle re-appears after each rain episode.

Heather: Hi folks. Unfortunately, the puddle had dried up. But, if you look closely, you can still see some evidence of where it may have been. We will continue to follow this story and bring you any updates that may occur.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I think the word news will someday be replaced with the word "opinion".
The word hasn't yet been replaced, but the coverage has. Whatever happened to who, what, where, when, why, and how? Just the facts, Ma'am.

Reactions: The USRA Guy

·
Registered
417 Posts
Uh Guys the Puddle dried up early sources say because of Advanced Global Warming and as a side note the Puddle may have been infected with Covid 19 and researchers are claiming that the evaporated water vapors from said puddle may spread the virus even further. More Government funded studies are needed. Mandatory Quarantine is being considered in the area of the dried up puddle. More to follow.

:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious:

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The white house denied ever knowing about the puddle, calling it fake news.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I still watch reruns of WKRP and other older shows. Back then writers and actors understood comedy without much social politicizing.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thinking back over my life, there have always been funny shows, comedy skits, comedians, and the like. And, for the most part, I enjoyed all types of humor with the exception of pure vulgarity. It ALWAYS put me off, and I would turn it off, or walk out of a venue if it started to go in what I considered to be in bad taste. Sure, when we were kids,we told each other dirty jokes, but that was part of being kids. But, we never approached the levels of what some people consider as funny these days. I liked Bill Cosby's humor, Bob Newhart's brand of humor, Red Foxx, Rodney Dangerfield, Eddy Murphy, Monte Python, and on and on. I could put up with an occasional cuss word, but not every other word like that guy, Ford Fairlane. I am sure you all have your own opinions as to what is funny. Like art, what is beautiful there, or what joke is funny to an audience is a matter of opinion.

I try, or attempt to offer funny things here, but I believe that there are folks out there who don't get me, so-to-speak. So, if, a bad or negative comment comes in, I'll try to explain myself. If it works, then fine. If not, so be it. It's how life is.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you need to see real vulgar humor, check out Bob Saget’s stand-up stuff.....or maybe don’t.....
I'll pass. I'd rather re-watch Holy Grail or Yellowbeard.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
And a very good morning to you too..... :LOL:

No, I am warning people about him, not encouraging people to see it.....if that’s too hard for you to understand, then, well, I’m sorry....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts