Model Train Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
Monday thru Friday nights after the news I watch LAUGH IN (7P EDT)
...the very last of vaudeville...and the
first of the 'liberal' comedies...but it was done in moderation...I suspect that
today's folks would not know the people they are joking about...Laugh in is
all laughs in the style of the 60s and early 70s and was a Monday night
leader of NBC. It featured all of the leading
movie and TV stars of the day in fun situations...including 'sock it to me'...and the
invariable soaking of the guest star with a bucket of water. Sadly, most of the cast is gone...
Ruth Buzzi and Lili Tomlin are still around, I think. You can find Laugh In on
the 'Decades' network, apparently a CBS affiliate, as a sub channel on
many CBS TV stations. You may need an antenna to get it. Try Google for information
or call your local CBS tv station.

Don

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
This, just in: A shopping bag was discovered outside a downtown restaurant. Upon investigation, the bag was found to contain seven pounds of bologna. An eyewitness was heard to have said, "that's a lot of baloney." We're sending a crew to the scene. Stay tuned for updates.

Yesterday there was a flood downtown. Because of the high water, we were not able to cover it live. Let's go live now to Heather Feather with an update on the remaining puddle of water. It has been said that this particular puddle re-appears after each rain episode.

Heather: Hi folks. Unfortunately, the puddle had dried up. But, if you look closely, you can still see some evidence of where it may have been. We will continue to follow this story and bring you any updates that may occur.
Kelly Ann Con Away* "queen of denial" here;

There was never a puddle of water, much less a flood. The whole thing is just " fake news" made up by the liberal media.

Traction Fan :eek:

* Con Away as in con away any semblance of truth, facts, science, or whatever else is on his hit list this week.

·
Registered
719 Posts
If you guys like less-vulgar humor check out Jim Gaffigan and Jon Mulaney. Both are a welcome change as comedians who rely on wit and delivery rather than shock and cursing.

Jim Gaffigan is the cleanest of the two and best for more sensitive viewers. Not quite for the entire family, but you could watch it with your teenage kids without cringing. His bits on food -especially Cinnabon and McDonalds- are classics. One of his specials was the show of choice when we had both extremely conservative and extremely liberal family in the same living room.

Jon Mulaney does utter the occasional profanity and he does occasionally dip a toe into politics ("Horse in the hospital" as a notable example), but his storytelling style is unmatched and he doesn't rely on vulgarity. His sketch on attending an anti-crime assembly as a Chicago elementary student is comic gold. "Street Smarts!"

Both of them have several specials on Netflix.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts