Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's,new to the forums and have some qestions.Does anyone know how to make castings of abunments for bridges?I would buy them but I can't find them high and wide enough for my double track truss bridge.I could make them with latex mold compound from woodland scenics but they would be smooth and I want a rough stone look like the one in the link.If anyone has any info or good websites on this subject I would be thankfull.I will try to get some pic's of what I got going on my HO layout also.

Thanks

http://www.sceneryexpress.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CH8400

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a good idea.I came up with an idea of cutting one out of blue foam and carving out all the stones then I covered it with some ceramic tile cement,looks good so far,next I am going to paint it with woodland scenics latex rubber to form a mold and pour it with plaster,hope it all works.Does anyone know if you have to paint the part you want to cast with some kind oil so that the latex comes off?I never worked with this before so it's all new to me.I will post some pic's as soon as I find my camera.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts