Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchesed an acrylic model by CMR (Custom Model Railroads) and I am unsure what kind of glue is ok to use. With that said I did conduct an experiment with several brands and types. As of now I have not noticed and changes ex. metling, warping, discoloration, ect.

Testors Model Glue (Red Tube) - Seem to work fine

Tamya Thin (Oragne Jar) - Held great bu took longer than plastic to dry

E600 - Hard to apply but held the best. Came out fast and thick

Has anyone used the on acrylic models before and if so whats the long term affect. Are there anyother that will work better. I don't want to ruin a $150 model just because I use the right glue.

They also say to use krylon spray paint. Can I use other acrylic paint? ex. testors, tamya, fine touch, model master?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for saying CA is super glue. Never would have known that. And yes I just verified on CMR website...

"Kit features laser cut acrylic parts, tanks, piping and signs, everything you see is included in the kit (rolling stock not included). Tab and slot construction, detailed instructions and photos help with assembly."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.