Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past week saw a few F units hitting the rails. Quite the assortment meeting up on the main lines. A MTH Monon F-3, a set of Williams Wabash double A's, A Lionel Santa Fe FT, and a Menards Santa Fe FP-7.

Train Vehicle Transport hub Mode of transport Rolling stock

Train Toy Transport hub Rolling stock Vehicle

Train Window Rolling stock Vehicle Track

Train Window Vehicle Rolling stock Track

Winter must be setting in, the game department picking up salt for the critters

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Train Rolling stock Toy Mode of transport Railway

· Registered
1,498 Posts
Nice BILL, I always like the WABASH!!!

Looks like the MORTON SALT FACTORY is either getting ready for winter? Or getting ready to ship to the cracker factory? My bet is they are sending it to BUFFALO auto melt some snow.

· Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Lots of F units! Wabash and Monon…two unique railroads. I would be curious to see a broadside view of the Monon F.

I remember an image in RMC magazine of a Monon F unit pulling a train past the unique Gosport freight house. That always stuck with me. Of course it was really interesting and of course it is all gone now…

Vehicle Building Motor vehicle Railway House

Laz, salt won’t help much in Buffalo! Too deep! They need front loaders to move the snow…glad I don’t live there anymore…

Tom

· Registered
6,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lots of F units! Wabash and Monon…two unique railroads. I would be curious to see a broadside view of the Monon F.

I remember an image in RMC magazine of a Monon F unit pulling a train past the unique Gosport freight house. That always stuck with me. Of course it was really interesting and of course it is all gone now…

View attachment 593290

Laz, salt won’t help much in Buffalo! Too deep! They need front loaders to move the snow…glad I don’t live there anymore…

Tom
Hi Tom, The Monon F-3 was a MTH exclusive for Muffins trains. A few more photos of the F-3.

Train Vehicle Wheel Rolling stock Mode of transport

Train Vehicle Rolling stock Track Railway

Train Land vehicle Vehicle Rolling stock Motor vehicle

· Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Beautiful Locomotive. I like that scheme on your model better than the later one, depicted in the photo I posted…

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts