Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started this thread for those interested in buying and easily detailing an atheran ready to run sd38. I am curently working on this project myself.
I will post as many updates as I can. I appriciate any feedback at all.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First buy an Atherann Ready to roll Conrail sd38 loco #6927. This is your first step to making a detailed loco. As you will notice it already has much detail. But this would only be prototipical if you model the 1970's era railroad. We will be switching details around to make it be presently owned by Norfolk Southern.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The second step will require you to detach the cap and push out the antenna as shown here.

Then take a hobby knife and cut off the round peg on the bottem of the antenna and use tweezers to hold and put some glue on the bottem of the antenna. For puting this glue on the antenna I suggest using a toothpick to put a small amount of gue on it. Then mount it on the side of the cab as shown by the Green Arrow. The Red Arrow shows where you moved it from.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Next you will need to go to www.internettrains.com and order the following parts:

1 Overland Models-HO scale GE Type Air conditioner- $6.32

1 A-Line- HO scale Windshield Wipers Long & Short (4 each per pack)- $3.19

1 Details West- HO scale Loco Air Hose with bracket (2 per pack)- $1.06

1 Details Associates- HO scale Coupler Lift Bar with Bracket (2 per pack)- $1.70

1 Details Associates- HO scale Cab Air deflector Prime Type (straight 4 per pack)- $1.06

1 Details Associates- HO scale MU stands Intermediate GP/SD Double (2 per pack)- $1.06

1 Details West- HO scale MU Hose 3 cluster set (4 per pack)- $2.98

May not be current price

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now that you have these items start painting them to their proper colors referring to pictures on the internet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts