Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,497 Posts
And Autumn is in the air, love the colors.:smilie_daumenpos:
Autumn is my favorite time of year. Then comes spring.

Maybe you need a few more color trees mixed in with the green trees?

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Looking good Spence. Nice fall colors on the trees.

Adding scenery is a lot of fun. You make me realize I am falling behind in getting to the areas of my layout where I must revise it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Spence, great start. Grass and trees really make a layout come to life. The hardest part is usually getting started. I have a special cart that I setup with most of my scenery materials on it that I wheel around to where I am working that helps me a lot. Saves so many trips back and forth and is easy to wheel out of the way if I have company over unexpectedly when I am still working on a section.

Art

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Spence, great start. Grass and trees really make a layout come to life. The hardest part is usually getting started. I have a special cart that I setup with most of my scenery materials on it that I wheel around to where I am working that helps me a lot. Saves so many trips back and forth and is easy to wheel out of the way if I have company over unexpectedly when I am still working on a section.

Art

I will log that idea for the future. And I'll have the cart to roll away under the layout.

Thx.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Looks great, Spence!

The addition of scenery, especially trees and shrubbery soften the lines of the layout, making it more pleasing to the eye.

Scenery was always my favorite thing to do. I just need a layout to start on! Lol.

Tom

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Sure! As long as you supply the beer, but be warned, the quality of the scenery may decline as the beer supply dwindles...lol.

I never did scenery in O scale yet, but I have done tons of it in HO and N scale. Always enjoyed it!

Tom

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have an old Lionel scenery book that shows the technique of using asbestos plaster for building mountains...circa 1956...

Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts