Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Railking GP-20 and was going to add smoke fluid, but the exhaust has a grill which can’t be removed. I have an MTH U30C that has a similar setup. I use a 23 gauge syringe to fill the U30C (1ml = 20 drops), but the syringe won’t fit through the GP-20 grill without bending the bars a bit. I suppose I could just add drops on top of the grill, but that seems like just asking for a mess. I guess I’ll head off to the drug store to get a syringe with a finer gauge needle.

IMG_4792.JPG

·
Admin
44,017 Posts
I have a number of similar locomotives, put the dropper right on the grill and slowly squeeze it in, I don't get a mess doing that. If you're really anal, you can buy the fine needlepoint dispenser to slip between the grill, but it's hard to see how much you're putting in that way.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a few 25 gauge needles at 42 cents each. The 25 gauge is tight, but it fits between the bars. The smoke unit on this one seems louder than I am used to. Maybe because I’m not a fan of turbo whine and I turned the engine sounds off.

IMG_4808.JPG

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This is one area of our hobby I don't need the scale accuracy. Please give me some space to load the smoke fluid!!!

Funny, my last two engine purchases are smokeless!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts