Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, here is my next beauty on the workbench. This was an auction win that was unintentional. I was doing a little drinking and "training" and accidentally bid on this. Anyway, not upset whatsoever because obviously I need a Hudson in the arsenal. I also got a couple rolling stocks for a total of $102. The cars are in excellent condition and all lights work. As for the #322, all I had to do was soldered one wire into the male jack and the engine took off like a bat out of hell...choo chooing, smoking, and lightening the way. Oh yea, I finally bought some Fastrack and set myself up a little oval....not a drunk purchase. o_O

The trailing truck is missing because I stole it for use on my #336, so that is something I am looking for. Anyone have one lying around on the cheap?

Also, can I swap out the brush bracket assembly to use the other style without changing the field and armature?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I see the 322 is posed on your new FasTrack. All in all, looks like a good purchase. Why do you want to change the brush bracket asssembly? The engine is running well and the replacement slotted brushes are readily available, even the oil wick for the armature shaft is still there. If you do change to shoulder brushes you need the shorter brush holder since this armature does not have an oil slinger.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured I would change it out because I have a whole bunch of shoulder brushes, springs, and an extra motor lying around. However, I guess you are right....it runs too nice to change out pieces. Tom, you always convince me to leave stuff alone and you haven't steered me wrong yet!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Kvlazer22 ya done good on that drunk buy! Nice pieces! I see a new way of bidding or buying? Drunk I mean. As far as changing out those brushes, ever hear of the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Words I have learned to live by. Maintenance is different. What you were proposing wasn't maintenance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhhh, yes...I hear that from my wife all the time. I turn my simple projects into not so simple projects. I will keep the slotted brushes. I will find something else on this train to make more difficult than needed....hahah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts