Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When researching my 302AC, I learned early on that the original Gilbert parts diagrams are a little to be desired. It came to a head for me when I didn’t order enough of the S230-B screws and had to place another order and pay two-fold on the shipping. In the days of Amazon and free shipping this is not acceptable! I decided that I would make the venture into creating my own exploded part diagrams for these trains. I am working on vectorizing each individual part so I can create my own layouts and numbering schema. Check out my first rendition for a 302AC. Below are some examples of my progress….

Annotation 2020-02-26 094548.jpg

43543543.png

Annotation 2020-02-26 094737.jpg

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,024 Posts
When researching my 302AC, I learned early on that the original Gilbert parts diagrams are a little to be desired. It came to a head for me when I didn’t order enough of the S230-B screws and had to place another order and pay two-fold on the shipping. In the days of Amazon and free shipping this is not acceptable! I decided that I would make the venture into creating my own exploded part diagrams for these trains. I am working on vectorizing each individual part so I can create my own layouts and numbering schema. Check out my first rendition for a 302AC. Below are some examples of my progress….

View attachment 527680

View attachment 527682

View attachment 527684
Nice diagram you made for the 302, now you need a lot more. :)

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Your bottom diagram is probably from the repair manual. My K-Line AF repair manual has all the blow-up diagrams and all the part numbers associated with them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice diagram you made for the 302, now you need a lot more. :)
Thanks! I am slowly vectorizing the parts...it's a lot of work. The good thing is these engines share a lot of the same parts so hopefully one day I will have the whole part library.

Your bottom diagram is probably from the repair manual. My K-Line AF repair manual has all the blow-up diagrams and all the part numbers associated with them.
I don't know what version of the diagrams I have, but when I first started learning these trains I realized that my version lacked a lot of numbers. For example, my smoke unit bottom gasket was completely dry-rotted. If you go to reference the part diagram, it gives you a number for just the smoke box, top cover plate, and screws. I wanted to make a diagram that references EVERY part not just the assemblies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts