Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on e bay and trainworld had a AF802 steam engine for sale never heard of a af802.
Al

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
As flyernut says, That's a misprint. The 802 number belongs to the Illinois Central reefer of which I have 2.

Kenny

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know went on trainworld ck it out again then sent them a message about it see what response i get.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
I could be wrong but I think 802 is the cab number for a Lionel S steamer. Tom could tell us.
Tom probably has one. They are great looking locomotives. The early ones had running
problems. The gears were meshed too tight. They can be repaired by shimming the motor. Seems they are in the 500.00 range. Seems the early ones were numbered 801.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
All the AF by Lionel steam engines that are command control (TMCC or Legacy) have 4 digit cab numbers. The only AF by Lionel engine with an 802 cab number I know of is the Florida East Coast ES44AC diesel from the 2015 catalog. It is a great looker in orange/yellow and a great runner/smoker. Definitely not a steam engine. In the resale market these would cost $350 to $400.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just received the answer from trainworld he said the picture is blurry hard to make out also number looks fadded he said most likley its a 302 he said i want to see more pictures he would send them to me.

Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts