Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a lark my wife wanted to go check out a local Estate Sale that featured an American Flyer Circus Train in mint condition. So I have my HO & Lionel O gauge but WHOA...the company did not list on their on line inventory the rest of this gentlemens collection. I counted 9 Steam engines in pristine condition, Rolling stock in Bins, Track & Switches, Light Tower, Trestle Set in original AF tube container, and what looks like a Type 30B transformer...just tons of stuff besides the dismantled layout which is the AF 8 panel Diorama Layout. Too packed & busy to take photos but I'll try to get back this afternoon after everything dies down. I know tomorrow will be 1/2 price sale...YIKES....told my wife if I had a Panel Van or Semi I'd make an offer...and she gave me THAT LOOK...LMAO!! Anybody near Milwaukee who's an S gauger this place is for YOU 1737 N 70th St Wauwatosa 53213 9AM-5PM

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Milwaukee is just up the road apiece. Oh wait that would have been my thoughts "pre-take out a gas loan" days to travel 280 miles and back. Never mind.

Kenny

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I would have gone if I still lived in Chicago, 2,200 miles one way from SoCal is a bit too far. What is surprising to me is there is no observable decline in traffic out here with the increase in gas prices. There have been changes in traffic caused by more work from home, but those happened a year or two ago. Filled up one of the cars three days ago, $6.89/gal, $121. Apparently people are cutting back on other items to still drive the same amount.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I saw this, I texted the sale operator as I am in the Chicago area. Did not get a response. I woulda made the trip.
The Estate Company out of Madison was pretty sketchy on information and pricing....Make an offer on just about everything especially the American Flyer stuff. When we left on the last day the Dual Transformer 308, 3 Bins/miles of track and accessories, and the rolling stock & locomotives oh and somebody bought just the straight section panels of the All Aboard Scenery...here is what I could get photos of:
Train Wheel Rolling Gas Automotive wheel system
Train Gas Engineering Auto part Machine
Wood Flooring Cuisine Floor Rectangle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts