Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Charming! The Lifelike Amtrak consist was my first passenger train as a kid. A reformat to full screen would be worthwhile though.

I have a cheap Bachmann Auto Train Autorack without trucks if you're looking to expand your consist...

·
Registered
646 Posts
there was a guy at the last train show in March before Illinois got shut down for the most part that had 40 of those passenger cars and was asking $15 a piece for them. All used up too. Are those worth that much money? I personally like my blue box cars but the older life like cars seem neat

·
Registered
927 Posts
there was a guy at the last train show in March before Illinois got shut down for the most part that had 40 of those passenger cars and was asking $15 a piece for them. All used up too. Are those worth that much money? I personally like my blue box cars but the older life like cars seem neat
I don't think the old LifeLike cars are quite worth that unless you're a collector and they're in original boxes. They are lighted and cute (ex Penn Line/Varney tooling I think) and my set is nostalgic for me, but you can find them for less. For $15 each and often less if you look around at shows or online, you can get better cars like the Con Cor Superliners, the early Bachman Amfleet or the Streamlined Amtrak Athearns.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying up a batch of $8-each Walthers Amfleet at that same show last year. You can never have too much modern Amtrak!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts