Model Train Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Squirrels are the Devil's contribution to nature because they are the great lie. They look all cute, cuddly, and lovable. That's just a disguise to hide the fact they are evil, destructive little demons that makes gremlins look like the perfect pet.

I've been battling squirrels about my flower pots for a few years. I've tried all kinds of repellents based on smell that only work for a few days, if they work at all, then you have to reapply. Today is day 1 of an electronic repellent. So far so good but only time will tell.

I'd be happy to sit out there with a shotgun but I live in an apartment and that would create an whole new set of issues I have no desire to deal with.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yes, squirrels are such destructive little creatures overturning flower pots, nesting in attics, running through neighborhoods smashing windows, burning and looting, and putting their brothers and sisters in choke holds until they die. Nasty little creatures.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
We have a nesting pair of Merlins....down to one chipmunk who lives in our garage and incredibly it's burrough is under the pine where the nest is....fledglings are flying and at least the Starlings have vacated...so have the sparrows and finches!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
We get an overabundance of them and they will destroy a vegetable garden. I don't shoot them just for fun, but I have no problem leaving an easy meal for something else. They will also do serious damage if they get into the attic. So if I hear them on the roof I know it's time to thin them out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Politics John? I see no politics there. I was only drawing a comparison between man and beast, uncomfortable though it may be.

·
Admin
43,727 Posts
Politics John? I see no politics there. I was only drawing a comparison between man and beast, uncomfortable though it may be.
Your vision may be clouded, please cease with that line of "reasoning", though I hesitate to call it reasoning.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I purchased an electronic critter repellent and put it out a week ago. I had daily issues with squirrels getting into and knocking over my trees in pots on our porch. I got the repellent last Sunday, charged it overnight, and put it out bright and early Monday morning. I have not seen any signs of squirrels being around the entire week. It's sitting on the box it came in against the wall in the shade and is still working from it's initial charge. I'm adding a link to the product in case anyone is interested. Now I can concentrate on fight the fungus attaching my fruit trees. Ugh!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Extra cool that you have a raptor that comfortable being so close,.............and that is a Red-shouldered hawk.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts