Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
German, Swiss, and Austrian outline. HO/HOm
6,571 Posts
I agree. That's going to be a PITA every time you want to plug something in. An option would be to run power strips with CB's to the underside of the layout or attached to a leg so you have access without crawling to the back wall.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
On the back wall I'm trying to do as many turnouts as I can to allow the trains to switch from all 4 tracks as I can't really have cross overs too many other spots on the layout as most of the track is curved... I'm using a double slip switch instead of a crossover to allow for more flexibility...

View attachment 578492 View attachment 578493
Double slips are a good space saver and allow multiple routes in a short space, but they ae generally used during low speed operations. Hopefully it is well engineered and manufactured so trains will pass through at speed for you.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Yes, it is. I like that.

Cleaning up after the last work session makes it much easier to start again. You won't have to deal with the chaos, clutter, and unorganized mess of the last session.

You will find it much easier to start again if every thing is put away, hung up, and stowed where it is supposed to be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts