Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Finally got off my *** and started to paint the basement with gray drylock paint. I removed and reorganized all the bins on the wooden shelving unit where I (not wife) wants to place the layout. Ended up getting rid of 3 or 4 bins between moving some upstairs in my crawlspaces in an upstairs bedroom and from combining/throwing out unnecessary stuff...

Before re-organization...
20210316_092355.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Since I have to move the shelving unit anyways to paint the floor and the walls behind it I plan on moving it to the right of where the fish tank and chimney stuff is. I removed the metal shelving units from that area and started to paint the walls. It was taking forever since my walls are so damn porous so I just gave up about halfway down the wall and painted the floor so I can move the wooden shelving unit tomorrow to see if the wife approves it in the new location since it needs to move anyways...

20210316_133530.jpg
20210316_142952_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'll have to take a picture of the updated "layout" tomorrow. Several people said it was a mess but it was super clean compared to what it looks like now :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I just picked up an electric textured spray gun after someone on my saltwater reef forums recommended renting one from Home Depot. It was $160 to rent one for a week or pick up the one I did for $100 so I'm going to give that a shot tomorrow should make things go much faster on the walls fingers crossed!!!

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
And everybody thought my yard/layout was a mess before...

20210318_110525_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I didn't get around to trying out the new spray gun plan to try tomorrow if it's not too cold but here is the small amount I did by hand the other day...

20210318_110531_HDR.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Your yard looks exactly like mine currently.....lol
Makes me feel a bit better!

Your second dog looks A LOT like mine.
The black spotted one? She's a deaf dog and I've noticed a ton of deaf white dogs look awfully similar as I joined a deaf dogs FB page when we adopted her...

·
Registered
554 Posts
It's not a mess, the space is well utilized.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Busted out the spray gun today and all I can say is it was well worth the $100 bucks!!! I finished that rest of the wall in maybe 30 minutes vs the 3-4 hours I did by hand and used less paint as well!!! It'll still take me forever to paint the whole basement but not nearly as long as it would have by hand!

20210320_115915.jpg
20210320_115900.jpg

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Wife and I are still defcon 4 for WWIII about what my overall vision is with the basement but I have hope a peace treaty will happen sooner rather than later... I have at least 2 weeks of work moving stuff and painting fingers crossed!!!

I also miss running the trains on just that small oval it's been about a week and I'm already having withdrawals... o_O

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Stuff I never knew about. Very cool.
His littermate sister's parents paid for the testing and he's part American Staffordshire Terrier, Bull Terrier, hound and lab...

41 - 60 of 100 Posts