Model Train Forum banner
621 - 640 of 737 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
I don't want to stop running trains to glue down the track I laid! I ran one of my DC K4's at full speed with the same set of rolling stock as well! I tried going full speed with 4 passenger trains but had a few minor problems in a few areas that aren't glued down yet plus the passenger cars haven't been properly weighted yet as well...

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
Few pictures as well... I only need 5 or 6 more flex track to finish with 3 Peco sections left. I could finish it up with the best pieces of the Atlas flex track I have left since I can't go out and buy more at a local store until Wed... See how I feel after lunch but my Ron medication has been helping!!! Not normally a fan of IPAs but this local one is pretty good!!!
Tin Beverage can Aluminum can Tin can Beer

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #630 ·
Got a question.
What is that UFO… I mean weather balloon… in the sky?
Next to the PRR embossed sign.
Whahahahaha... That's the on/off switch to the old laundry hookup that I still use to make RO/DI water for my fish tank!!! Still needed access to it to make water. I have two shut offs under the layout for the tubing but no way I'd trust them 100% which is why I left access to the main valve open and accessible!

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #637 ·
Haven't done too much this morning more planning than anything. I get to hopefully go back into the real world tomorrow so I can get some more flex track to finish the rest!

I did use some old Atlas flex track cut up spare pieces to tinker with the connection behind the chimney...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Track Asphalt Road surface
Sky Motor vehicle Urban design Railway Track

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #638 ·
Also tinkered and planned the inside loop by the stairs as I wanted to use some of my curved turnouts with the yard design. I think I'm going to add a passing loop which will add a 3rd track on the inside of the loop indicated by the tape on the left side with the turnouts...
Cloud Sky Bicycle tire Automotive tire Road surface

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
Last night when I was running the test trains I thought how my layout will much more be a continuous running layout than switching layout. As I was starting to plan the yard in my head and where to put those curved turnouts by the steps to make the yard someone more realistic instead of just a snub nosed yard that goes to nowhere I went down the turntable rabbit hole thought process.

I have a used large motorized turntable that would fit any of my steamers and I've been wondering if I could fit that and the roundhouse. I figured with my steamers if I wasn't using them on the continuous loop I'd never be able to turn them around realistically and easily for operations without one...

So since I had the ingenious idea of using tape to mark out the yard I busted out the turntable and the frames of one of the roundhouses kits I haven't made and can fit a 6 stall roundhouse and the turntable with room to spare! I feel like this would be way more visually interseting since my layout will be far from a switching layout. I'll still have some small switching in the yard but having the turntable and roundhouse with the High Line going up and over will just look awesome!!!
Hood Automotive tire Wood Flooring Floor
Sky Infrastructure Automotive tire World Cloud

621 - 640 of 737 Posts